Should I (27 F) ask a coworker out again or should I just move on?

farahto

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 02:19 pm
So for a bit of context, I started working in a Ghost kitchen( kitchen for delivery only) in November. I immediately noticed that the assistant manager (E) was kinda cute, but I was freshly out of serious relationship, so I didn't give it much thought.
4 Months went by, and E and I got to know each other a little better. I don't know exactly how and when it happened, but I started developing a crush on him. I tried fighting it at first, especially that he's my superior at work, but no matter what I did, I could not get him out of my head. We get along very well, we talk a lot during work, we have the same taste in music, we both love movies and we also share similar traits: both competitive, curious, hard working, awkward around new people, albeit he's more charismatic than me.
But, he never showed me any signs indicating that he was also interested in me. The uncertainty was killing me, and since I can not flirt to save my life, I decided to throw caution to the wind and ask him out. (I was ready to change jobs if things went awry). My plan was to either get a yes and start dating him or a clear no and move on. His response was: I do not want to mix work and personal life. I did so in the past and it ended in disaster. But, the minute one of us does not work in this company, then yes I'd be glad to go on a date with you, We could talk about movies for hours.
Fair enough. Even though he seemed sincere, I took that as a no, and tried to move on. I even went on a dating app in a desperate attempt to get over him. at work, I acted like nothing happened.
Now fast forward to the present. I got promoted and I became an assistant manager at another kitchen owned by the same company. E was the one who recommended me by the way.
I see him once a week at the managers meetings. And sadly, I still have a huge crush on him. I went on several dates with other guys I met online. But none of them made me feel the way E makes me feel.this has been going on for months now, ans I am sick of it. I don't know what to do.
Technically, We don't work together anymore, but we're still in the same company. So should I still try and ask him out again, now that we 're not in the same kitchen, or would that seem too desperate? I'm afraid that he was only saying that to spare my feelings.

Lately, I've been thinking that I should just give up and leave him alone. I just can't seem to get rid of thé last bit of hope.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,128 • Replies: 3
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 02:27 pm
@farahto,
Your circumstances have changed (you are longer in his chain of command). I don't see any problem with asking one more time. You should be prepared to accept "No" for an answer (which seems likely).
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 06:00 pm
Geez, girl, learn to flirt.

After this much time, how is he supposed to know you are still interested?

0 Replies

VABGirl

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2021 09:45 am
Ask him out, it cant hurt anything.
0 Replies