politics for profit, an old story

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 09:37 pm
Probe Sought of Pentagon Adviser Perle
Tue Mar 25, 5:16 PM ET
By Jeremy Pelofsky

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A senior U.S. Democrat has called for an investigation of Richard Perle, an architect of the war on Iraq (news - web sites), for possible conflicts of interest in his roles as corporate adviser and Pentagon (news - web sites) consultant.
Rep. John Conyers, the top Democrat on the House of Representatives Judiciary Committee (news - web sites), asked the Pentagon's inspector general to probe Perle's work as a paid adviser to bankrupt telecommunications company Global Crossing Ltd. and his guidance on investment opportunities resulting from the Iraq conflict.
"I am aware of several potential conflicts that warrant your immediate review," Conyers said on Monday in a letter to the Defense Department's inspector general, Joseph Schmitz. The letter was made available on Tuesday.
"Mr. Perle is considered a 'special government employee' and is subject to government ethics prohibition -- both regulatory and criminal -- on using public office for private gain," Conyers' letter said.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20030325/pl_nm/congress_perle_dc_2
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 662 • Replies: 3
No top replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 01:49 am
dys: I am curious about something.

Would you be amenable to see a Global Crossing investigation reach it's logical conclusion?

I know I sure would.

I think they ALL should fry.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 07:16 am
maxsdadeo "dys: I am curious about something."
not sure what you are curious about, i am pretty sure the corruption knows no party lines and i have made no such suggestion. from the far right to the far left ALL the leeches should be burned at the stake (not literally)
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 09:25 am
Fair enough, and I have made an observation.

Apparently, we have disagreed so frequently, that it takes us both a minute to realize that we are actually agreeing on something, fascinating.http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/think1.gif
0 Replies