Is it even possible to stop falling in love with someone?

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2021 05:19 pm
Hello folks. What I am about to post may sound childish, but I am genuinely interested, if it's even possible to stop falling for someone. Short story here. There's a near girl in my work place. We have absolutely no relationship beside work. So basically we only communicate during the working hours. What I have noticed recently, is that I've developed some sorts of feelings towards her, I have no idea where they come from and why, because once again our relationship is 0. And they kind of get worse each passing day. Now I know very well that this is not a "love", but last time when such event occurred ( few years ago) I had to go through literal hell for 3 years, only because the girl I though I did not love, left for another country and never came back. 

I don't even think about asking her out for few simple reason. I am certain she has no interest in me. There's an age gap ( not illegal one), me being in my mid twenties and her in late teens  ( 26/19). Also I am not in the position and moment in my life, where I can think and act like a kid again, as I can't focus on my job anymore and my productivity dramatically decreased. So I have no idea what to do. I know there's only two way, either talk with her or just bloody forget everything. I'll be honest, I am quite afraid to talk with her as I don't want to come like some kind of creep ( because of age difference) , but I also have no idea how to stop myself from feeling this way as it's getting worse everyday. Yeap, my emotional state is like of a teen. Sorry for my english guys and thanks for reading this post. Thanks in advance
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,541 • Replies: 5
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2021 08:37 pm
That’s not such a big age gap. So you can drop that as an excuse to not act on this.

Is she a mature 19 year old? Is she even available?

You may even have a crush on just her looks and because you really don’t know her, this is more in your head than anything else.

Better make a commitment to act or be on your way. Time is more valuable than ever today.
0 Replies

VABGirl

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2021 09:14 am
@keensdale,
Dont worry about the age difference. Talk to her and see how it goes.
0 Replies

praveensoni

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2021 10:09 am
@keensdale,
As far as office life is concerned, you need to be professional at your work place! It is good to keep professional life and personal stuffs apart! If you have some feelings for her, talk to her! I guess it is just an attraction! Thank you!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2021 11:26 am
@keensdale,
I think you just might have a crush that is getting a little intense. So far you haven't felt any returned attention from this girl.........I suggest you back off, if she has any interest in you she will find a way to let you know.
0 Replies

Medusax

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2021 09:06 pm
@keensdale,
Of COURSE, it's possible. It just requires finding something/someone else to fill your time.
0 Replies