ossobuco

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2005 05:33 pm
Photorealignment, a new service....
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 09:50 am
photoshop is great

I am forever cropping pictures and you can correct colours, increase contrast .... all sorts of stuff to improve a picture.

I just wish digital camera were faster - mine is just too slow for action shots
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 10:40 am
That is my biggest complaint as well.
Even when I have it on auto focus, it still has what seems like a 2 second delay before it snapps a photo and quick movement ends up 99% of the time creating a blurry picture.
It seems ok with slight movement ( arm movements, someone walking etc.. ) but even then you get a less then clear picture.

I have used photo shop for brightning , rotating etc..
It wasnt until a few days ago that I explored the program further and realized you can 'erase' from a picture and smooth off undesired items.
Pretty neat program !
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 01:55 pm
yes, explore the 'clone' tool as well - great fun if you want to get creative and fantastic for getting rid of the telegraph pole sticking out of someone's head and such - you just clone patches of sky and paint it out. You can use it for restoring old scratched family photos as well - I watched an expert friend restoring a very badly damaged image with a missing eye - the finished result was flawless.

image > adjust > brightness and contrast and also hue and saturation are great for correcting bleached-out-by-flash (or bright sunlight) shots too.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 07:22 am
So beth.....

how did it go??
Are you finished??
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 07:51 pm
Finished?

Ha!

Just starting to get a few photos that I'm not hating. <mom still likes the results, but I've got a long way to go with this>

My favourite of the baby pix so far

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/8131/6lenny7pc.jpg

my favourite toddler pic of the last couple of weeks

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/93/lanasmiles1on.jpg

and two for Setanta

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6686/cleohasherwaywithxheneta5xh.jpg

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/2682/itislovebaileyandlana4gt.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 08:01 pm
Why, them doggies must be havin' a tea party . . . the flash works well, don't it ?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 08:06 pm
i've been trying to get a photo of Lana offering Keeeeoh a drink from the Strawberry Shortcake tea cup (about the size of one of my finger joints) - and Keeeeeoh drinking - but they are both so fast and squirmy ...

yup - good flash, now that I've figured it out
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 07:34 am
eBeth, those are darling!

I especially love the top one. Very nice.

And the dog kisses one. What a beautiful girl (and dog).

Thank you for showing us.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 07:49 am
Thanks, boomer.

I think I'm starting to get what I need to do to get the baby pix. I do like that smooshed face one quite a bit - the mom wasn't sure what I was doing when I took that - are you sure, Elisabetta? I've got a pile of sort of standard baby photos - but that one is Lenny!

Xheneta and Cleo are great photo companions - hard to get a bad photo of those two together.

Now to work on more photos - and more photo manipulation/editing.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 08:02 am
do you have a camera that will allow you to set the focus and THEN attempt to take a picture?
you said you want a picture of the dog drinking from a cup..
if you have something stable to set the camera on and set the focus , you could possibly start the scene and then just snap pictures ?

these are VERY cute pictures !!
Are you having fun? Is it turning out easier then you thought?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 08:14 am
I AM having fun. The hardest part has been learning to trust my instinct about what I'm seeing.

The cup thing is going to be interesting - I can never tell when Lana will decide it's Cleo's turn to drink from the tiny cup. Can't always have the camera ready because sometimes it's Cleo's turn when I'm mopping up from having my turn. Very Happy Trying to direct a 2 year-old does not seem to be my long suit - I can catch photos of her that I quite like, but I can't often get her to agree to a shot - but that does seem to be changing - slowly.

The twins are getting a bit more alert each day, so the photos are more fun now. How many sleeping baby photos does anyone really need?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 08:04 pm
Well - the pix are paying off - for the family.

Mom showed some of the pix to her doctor - who showed them to some company rep - and now they're getting free baby formula/milk/food for a year.

Twins' Mom had me email some pix to an agency that another doc told her was looking for twins for a movie they'll be filming here soon. After they saw pix of the twins, they called and asked if she had any other kids, so she had me send more pix. They want to see the twins, the two year old, AND the 11 year old girl! She's taking everyone in this week.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 08:12 pm
Wow! You rock!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 08:20 pm
... now all they need to do is ask for the photographer :wink: ...

I thought the hilite of all of this picture-taking stuff would be getting some dog photos added to a kennel's website.

Who knew? Thank goodness the mom's docs seem pretty tuned in to what's going on in town - now I just need to keep taking pix - the toddler pix are getting MUCH better (I thought they were decent to begin with) - and now that the twins are starting to keep their eyes open for more than a minute or two at a time, the pix of them are getting more interesting.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 09:06 pm
Wow!

When you get famous will you hire me as your assitant? I'm ab-fab at toting gear!

Post some more photos!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 09:07 pm
Yes post!

Way cool.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 04:15 am
I like them little doggy pictures . . .
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 03:50 pm
Ha! the pix paid off for one of the kids. I just saw the youngest ones with mom this past week. The oldest boy has apparently got a bit on the newest DeGrassi series. One of my pix of him was used to get him into the agency. I'd sort of forgotten about this adventure.

I need to take some pix of the kids now - they're much more interesting than they were 3 years ago.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 04:03 pm
Hey, congrats!
0 Replies