gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 05:16 pm
boomer wrote:

Babies get crankier as the session wears on.

One word: sedatives
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 05:16 pm
oooh
now there's a goal Shocked

thanks, boomer.

time and money aren't factors - time is only a factor for catching the few minutes a day that both twins are awake at the same time - and are together - mom tends to deal with them separately as they're on very different clocks right now. I'm going to put their 11 year-old cousin on duty to report when they're both awake - she'll love that - she likes having jobs like that.

I've got rubber turtles - and I know the minis have soft green/cream, and butterscotch/cream outfits - that'd work with bright green turtles. The girlbaby has to wear mittens all the time - that'll just have to be part of her look.

Feathers - got dusters and boas. I can make that work - or get cousin X to help with that.

Maybe I'll start with one at a time. Seems like I'd a better likelihood of success right now. By two months, the odds of both being awake and alert at the same time seem more likely.

Fun?
I'm supposed to have fun?

Puppies. No problem.
Toddlers. No problem.
Up close close close. No problem.

This request? Ack !!!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 05:27 pm
at a month old though, they wont be able to focus on toys enough to really make a diffrence in ther facial expressions.
But, babies sleep... that is all the do.
Just spend your energy catching them sleeping really cute.
hehe
in thier natural state.. sleepy..poopy..cranky:lol:

you will do wonderful Beth.
The fact that you even CARE how these pictures will turn out speaks VOLUMES about the work you will do

Shoot dahhhhling
just shoot. :-)
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 06:00 pm
Toddlers, no problem?

You're better than you think!

You'll be great.

The pictures will be great.

One of the most beautiful infant photo session I ever saw (not mine, sadly, but a competitors, one who I bow down to and envy for more than his multi-thousand dollar sessions) focused on a swirl of hair, the sea-shell ears, the pearly, untested toes -- those tiny little things of "baby". It was stunning and breath-taking and heart-breaking and hopeful and worth multi-thousand dollars, this collection of tiny 3x3 prints.

You might think about that kind of closeness if your friends have an artistic bent.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 06:44 pm
I dunno what you've gotten for suggestions so far (trying to do my evening catch-up). But, the best infant pix I've seen have been where the infant is being held by a parent. Hoist one baby over each shoulder - shoot the back of ma/pa's head and the babies' faces? If you shoot them laying flat on a bed, make the scene interesting - good slanted sunlight or light through blinds.......
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 06:44 pm
uh, and what Boomer said, of course.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 10:15 pm
ehBeth, This is a pic that I recently shot of a 1 day old baby. He weighed in at 6 lb 14 oz. The expression came from shooting the flash moments before. This caused him to open, at least, one eye. I call this my Popeye shot. Cool
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 09:03 am
Lovely, Intrepid.

~~~~~~~~~~

I spent over an hour and a half waiting for a baby, any baby, to wake up last night. <sigh> They just kept on snoozing. Which is good for them of course. Apparently they find my voice soothing. Confused

Got some nice pix of their two year old sister and eleven year old cousin and my dogs while I waited.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 09:19 am
take sleeping baby pictures.
those are cute too
That is the only time you will get an emotionless picture.
how many days are you going to work on this?
can you be there during a feeding time?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 10:16 am
I want to get something usable by the end of the weekend - Cousin Xh is going to run over to get me when a baby is awake or coming outside over the next couple of evenings. A yawning photo would be good.

I was going to give cousin Xh my camera to try and get a couple of shots, but right now she can barely manage to get me into a frame Shocked and I'm a considerably larger target than a preemie.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 08:19 pm
Got a handful of pix tonight with people holding Florent and Florine. Very Happy

A couple respectable ones - but not the ones I'm after yet <the mom was pretty giddy about a couple of them already>

I talked to her about a couple of the ideas people gave me here, and she's game to try <though not anything with the babies on the floor in the house - but maybe on a blanket/sheet/fabric on the lawn!>.

Thanks everyone!

I'll be baaaaaaaaaack.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 10:27 pm
See?

You did great!

Giddy momma's are what it's all about. When you get to giddy you know you've done well.

I've never taken a picture that I don't first see everything wrong with it. That's the nature of the beast.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 06:58 am
boom, you are right on target.
I have pictures that have just been swooned over by many people for thier compostion , color scheme yadda yadda yadda... and all I can do is think.. What? are you CRAZY? Dont you see I didnt get this, and that and this is wrong and this is fuzzy and wha wha wahh!! Laughing

In shooting a toddler, take some extra clothes of yours and let her dress up, while you sit far away and zoom in on her actions. :-)
OR- buy some colored soap ( if it is ok with the parents ) and see if you can get some face paint pictures . Did you see the one Boom got of Mo with the " tribal sharpie marker" line on his face?
It was beautiful! And I bet , it was one of those pictures that just happend by accident!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 09:46 am
<I stalk boomer and algis, shewolf. I don't want to miss any of their pix.>

I showed a couple of people at work the pix <still in the camera> and they're all "gorgeous photos" and I'm all "don't you see..." "but ..." "if I'd only ...".

I'll try and get a couple online this weekend - and then I need you kids to critique critique critique - cuz you've got the 'eyes'.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 10:10 am
I'm really flattered to be mentioned in the same sentence with Algis! She's so articulate in such a variety of styles that I'm always blown away by her work.

Thanks, eBeth, you've made my day!

It's always the "if only". I'm glad that I learned pre-digital or I'd be photoshopping everything into "perfection". When I feel the click monster creeping up on me I'm able to resist it with just a bit of effort.

I can't wait to see your photos!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 10:57 am
<pssst, Algis is a rather divine fella, boomer.>

I was lucky enough to meet him when he was in town for a book launch..

http://webcontent.harpercollins.com/images/canada/0002006359.jpg

<and this meal was unbelievable>

~~~~~~~~~~

ok
posting while there's a bomb threat one tower over
Shocked
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 11:05 am
A bomb threat?

Get out now!

Read this when you come back!

Are you okay now? Danger passed?

I don't know why I thought Algis was a woman.

Never assume, as they say.

And now I find out photography is a secondary talent!?

He must be devine in the true sense of the word.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 01:19 pm
bomb threat?
w-t-hell????
uhh yeah lady. you better get to hoppin!

I was working on my falsh-no falsh photo shots :
here are some.
Can you tell the diffrence?

http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/4237/mvc015s8ss.jpg

http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/3555/mvc007s0mn.jpg

http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/328/mvc020s3tv.jpg

( neither can anyone else!! ha! )
The only diffrence is the very last one. It was taken with no flash.
That is the reason the center , or focus, of the picture ( her expression) came out clear while her clothes, the grass and everything else around was blurry.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 01:20 pm
i wont leave these up for too long.
but i just wanted to show you some of the
little things i am learning about outdoor flash

hehe.. then again, you probally know this stuff!! ;-)
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 01:33 pm
Those are darling!

I loooooove the top one!
0 Replies