Whites are now the MINORITY?

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 07:13 am
DDT_1988_UK wrote:
England isnt English anymore!

Since the 14th of October 1066 - I've been at Harold's thomb (no need to lay flowers down, there already were a couple).
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 12:58 am
DDT_1988_UK wrote:
I must admit that the guy has a point there i mean UK has gon to the dogs there are several citys in the UK that are practically only blacks and asians hardly any speak English have no education live like leaches off the benifits system, claim to be be dissabled so get even more benifits, but miraculasly are able to drive taxies. They walk around in there rags looking a mess if they want to dress like that then they should have stayed where they were because when u want to move to another country you are suposed to fit in. I am of Polish back ground neither I or any of my family walk around wearing tradiotional clothing, also i dont go about talking in my oun language. I have proof that this is happening in sevral citys around the UK for example Leicester, Birmingham and Bradford where my grandma is the ONLY WHITE PERSON ON THE WHOLE ESTATE!!!!! the whole immigration thing is out of contol in the UK. We are an island with no borders.

Can I just point out to you what the UK did when they went into China and eventually took HK? Suddenly HK became 1/2 western and the English never bothered to learn chinese nor take on Chinese culture. Frankly I think that if the English didn't bother to attempt assimiliation into Chinese culture when they were there, what obliges other cultures in the UK to assimilate into the English culture? It is not a pleasent question I know and personally I wish that more people would attempt to assimilate into the culture they reside in but it seems almost tit for tat.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 04:28 am
Just on Thomas' point about the university and Fraser regarding the publishing of his status. I think since our universities started thinking of themselves as profit-making businesses that many of the old behaviours have been tossed out. Deb made that point but I just wanted to follow up on it. I've never worked in academia I only went to uni as a mature age student but in the last nine or ten years it seems to me that the old ideas of the university have been lost (I am aware that's probably a debate that's been going on since Socrates was a boy though). So Macquarie was probably worried about the effect that Fraser would have on its ability to make money.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 05:01 am
reputation and money making, especially to international students and to the left wing group maybe?
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 11:12 pm
I would say you have identified it pragmatic.

I need to do something about my growing cynicism. It's really not like me at all.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 11:08 am
In the 3 score years I've lived on this planet, nobody has ever given me a legit/logical reason why we should have any racial segregation. Why a person's color should be a problem. Why one race should consider itself better, superior or more inteligent or MORE IMPORTANT.
When I was growing up in London during the 50s I began to see more and more black faces. It didn't occur to me that these people would be a problem to anyone. Though I did at times here some bigoted comments from my parents.
The 1960s onwards saw quite a palette of faces coming to the UK. Acording to the press, people from just about every country either live, work or study here. They have brought different languages, culture, food and prosperity to what were often poor neighborhoods.
A lot of teenagers in their mixed racial groupes in English cities now speak amongst themselves in a strange patois, taking words from Cockney, Jamacan, Indian Sub-continent. In the wider world these same teenagers fall quite easily back into standard English.
Yes we have racial problems at times in the UK & we have members of what I call the "Brain Ugly Brigade" calling for repatriation. We also have immense integration.
So, onward and upward. I couldn't care one iota what ethnic/cultural background or color a person has. If they come legaly, pay their way then that's fine. They've helped what was a grey post WW2 country change into a brighter more interesting place to live.
If any bigot out there can explain the need or reasons for Segrigation then try and enlighten me, then go away and bury your head in the sand.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 08:48 pm
Mr Stillwater wrote:
Lost me there. If all those folk (including India/Bangladesh/Pakistan) are 'Asians' well, that covers more than half of the population of the planet!!

According to the Discovery channel, 53% of the world's population is Asian. But I don't know which people they include in their stats (Indians etc).
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 08:50 pm
goodfielder wrote:
Just on Thomas' point about the university and Fraser regarding the publishing of his status. I think since our universities started thinking of themselves as profit-making businesses that many of the old behaviours have been tossed out. Deb made that point but I just wanted to follow up on it. I've never worked in academia I only went to uni as a mature age student but in the last nine or ten years it seems to me that the old ideas of the university have been lost (I am aware that's probably a debate that's been going on since Socrates was a boy though). So Macquarie was probably worried about the effect that Fraser would have on its ability to make money.

Absolutely, they were concerned about their ability to make money. International students pay 4 to 5 times what Australian students pay, and most of them are from Asia (and are very friendly too!).
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 12:09 am
DDT wrote
Quote:
im not being racist but its just too much, England isnt English anymore!

..and that's a bad thing because......?

I think you might find, if you look closely, your are in fact a bigot and a racist.

Edit: I apologize for the above. It may not be true, there may be other reasons you feel that way, such as fear of change.
0 Replies