Whites are now the MINORITY?

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 09:23 pm
I was watching Today Tonight last night and they had a documentary about a Sydney Law Professor - Andrew Fraser - which the Greens claim to be a very dangerous man, because of his views about race - they are racist. He thinks that white people only should be allowed to occupy Australia - "the Japanese want to keep Japan for the Japanese, the Chinese want to keep China for the Chinese, so why can't Australia keep Australia for the Australians?" - as in the whites. He claims that the white Australia policy back in the 60s should be reintroduced.

He himself was from Canada (immigrant) but claims that he has more right to be in Oz than an asian because of his colour - he is white, we're yellow. As well as asians, he thinks that blacks and arabs and africans should be eliminated from Australia as well and if any immigration should occur, it should for Europeans only.

His justification? The amount of immigration has reduced the white population to a minority now - and that is unacceptable. A male version of Pauline Hanson, with much more extremist views.

So are Whites a minority now? What do A2Kers think of the Prof's views?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 6,116 • Replies: 88
No top replies

KiwiChic

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 09:40 pm
geez how white is white these days? I just dont get that sort of thing
there are so many intergrated marriages, there are families with
4 children who may have 2 fair and 2 dark kids..so what would he do with those kids???? stupid old fool should be put in the local psyche unit!
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 09:49 pm
(I just read my own post and had to erase it. Made no sense. looked like a madman wrote it,embarrassing. I wonder how many people seen it?) Embarrassed
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 09:52 pm
Under what arithmetical system are we whites a minority? Wonderland's?

I think he's a nasty crap artist.

Whites have the most right to Oz!!!!! I wonder what the indigenous people feel about THAT one.

I hope he is severely ignored - and, if his crap becomes big and he gathers other racists to form some sort of movement like Hanson's, I will fight his prejudiced lies as hard as I fought hers.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 10:28 pm
Minority? Strange, very strange.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 10:33 pm
Hopefully, he has left Canada for good
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 10:35 pm
...maybe he doesnt realise that Aussies go quite tanned in the sun!
thus thinking where have all the whiteys gone? Very Happy

I bet he resides on the Gold Coast!
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 10:55 pm
He's at Macquarie apparently.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 10:57 pm
Well, these are some very passionate and straightforward responses, but I get the whole united gist - we dislike such people.

I was on the today tonight website - they pose a even more simpler question:

This professor wants to cease immigration for anyone who is not white. Is he racist?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 11:00 pm
YES
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 11:30 pm
I got news for the boy, whites always have been the minority--we have just tended to hang together . . . but now, the other folks are on to us . . . oh ****, we better pack . . .
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 11:35 pm
Intrepid wrote:

Hopefully to return soon? :wink:
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 12:43 am
msolga wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Hopefully to return soon? :wink:

hopefully he doesnt cross the ditch! :wink:

(meaning- coming to NZ)
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 06:08 pm
Here's a PS: SBS world news Australia reported yesterday that macquarie University where Prof Fraser works has requested that he move his retirement plans forward - I think he was intending to retire next year July and now he is retiring at the end of this year? Or this month? The news seemed to indicate that he was accepting the offer.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 06:15 pm
hmmm I wonder why? :wink:
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 11:06 pm
Pretty obvious why. Fraser himself said it's because his comments interfere with the university business plan and having heard VC Di Yerbury on ABC radio I have to agree with him (but only on that).

She made it clear that no employee of the university would be able to express themselves in the way that Fraser did, so he is being asked to retire early and they're paying him out.

So the university has been exposed as corporatist; academic freedom of expression is seen to be limited by what the university believes is in its interests and Fraser is laughing all the way to the bank. The only winner out of this is Fraser and I must say, I find that very ironic.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 11:13 pm
Sounds like this guy has alot in common with the leader of the British National Party - Nick Griffin. He wants to stop all immigration into Britain - except for whites from the former colonies, and white South Africans.

Nob-heads, the pair of 'em.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 12:10 am
goodfielder wrote:
So the university has been exposed as corporatist; academic freedom of expression is seen to be limited by what the university believes is in its interests and Fraser is laughing all the way to the bank. The only winner out of this is Fraser and I must say, I find that very ironic.

I agree - the university seems to be condemened (possibly theoretically) for really firing a man whose views that possibily the majority of australians do not agree with, but because of his status as an academic - its the issue of academic freedom now seems to be at "danger." The whole situation is really ironic - to the disadvantage of the university. They seem to be at a dead end - damned if they do and damned if they don't.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 12:37 am
Yes pragmatic - I say let Fraser have his say, why stop someone making a fool of themselves if they're determined to do so? Then let his points be dealt with, one by one, dismantled as it were.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 12:40 am
I was thinking - it seems not only academic freedom that some may argue is at stake but the right to free speech generally: say something the uni doesn't like and get fired could be the gist of it.

Its difficult because I don't know where I stand on this point: I believe in academic freedom but of course as a immigrant from asia I certainly disagree with the Prof's points. Your post is probably the best stance: let it be.
0 Replies