Don’t mess with Texas!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 1,907 • Replies: 97

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 06:40 am
@snood,
Now when they shoot they can say, "He had a gun" instead of "I thought I saw a gun in his hand."
snood

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 06:44 am
@edgarblythe,
Yee-ha!! Texas leading the way! A gun for every hand, and a gun shot wound for every chest! We’re number one!!

******* insanity
BillRM

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 07:21 am
@snood,
I love an old old All in the Family episode where the solution to planes hijacking to Cuba was to handout guns to all passengers as they board the planes.
snood

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 07:41 am
@BillRM,
Yeah, Archie’s solution to hijacking was funny back then because it seemed so ridiculous. But he would fit right in with some of today’s gun advocates who want more guns in more places for more people forever hallelujah amen.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 07:51 am
@BillRM,
He had a good point actually.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 07:53 am
I don't know about other locales, but in the Houston area we have road rage shootings nearly every day. The local lead stories always tally the day's shootings on roads and elsewhere.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 08:35 am
oralloy wrote:

He had a good point actually.

Observe exhibit 1.

Oralloy thinks arming every airline passenger is good thinking.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 08:38 am
@oralloy,
How about getting rid of background checks and gun licenses? Are those good ideas too?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 08:45 am
When he signs this statewide permission slip for violent chaos and lawlessness, Governor Abbot is going to name it the”Constitutional Carry” law.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 09:35 am
@oralloy,
Nothing better then a gun fight in a pressure metal tube at 40000 feet with children and infants thrown in.
hightor

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 10:54 am
Yes, let's help turn every argument into a deadly confrontation!

Let's encourage vigilante justice!

Let's make it easier for criminals to shoot cops!

Let's make sure that every paranoid schizophrenic can own a deadly weapon!

Let's help suicidal individuals to take their own lives!

Let's legalize preemptive self defense!

Isn't that pretty much the definition of a "well-regulated militia"? The founding fathers were so prescient, this is obviously just what they had in mind.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 11:14 am
I don't think it is much of a surprise that the people of Texas do not support this law. Polling on the issue asked "Should adults be allowed to carry handguns in public without licenses or permits?" 59% overall said no, but among Republicans who control the state government, it was only 39% no.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 11:27 am
@engineer,
Doesn't matter what craziness these idiots push, there is no strong opposition to vote them out.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 11:35 am
Glad I went to Texas in the 80s, that’s crossed off my bucket list.
snood

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 01:10 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

I don't think it is much of a surprise that the people of Texas do not support this law. Polling on the issue asked "Should adults be allowed to carry handguns in public without licenses or permits?" 59% overall said no, but among Republicans who control the state government, it was only 39% no.

There has been widespread popular support for stricter gun control for a long time. The republicans owned by the NRA don’t serve the will if the people, they serve the will of the gun lobby.

That, along with all the rip-snortin’, pistol and AK-47 packin’ Death Wish fantasy havin’, camouflage wearin’, civil war reinactin’, capital hill storming’ fools who have never seen a gun collection too large, and gun control doesn’t stand much of a chance in TX.
oralloy

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 01:20 pm
@snood,
That's the way it should be.
snood

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 01:26 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

That's the way it should be.

No restrictions of any kind on gun ownership.
No matter what criminal record, age, mental illness - anyone who wants a gun should have one. Is this your view?
oralloy

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 01:37 pm
@snood,
In theory I'm OK with background checks so long as they have to be concluded within 24 hours.

But Barack Obama tried to include a bunch of law abiding citizens on the "prohibited list" for no good reason. There needs to be stricter rules about who can be prohibited from gun ownership (and maybe a prison sentence for Barack Obama) before I'll be comfortable with the idea of our background check system again.
snood

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 01:41 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

In theory I'm OK with background checks so long as they have to be concluded within 24 hours.

But Barack Obama tried to include a bunch of law abiding citizens on the "prohibited list" for no good reason. There needs to be stricter rules about who can be prohibited from gun ownership (and maybe a prison sentence for Barack Obama) before I'll be comfortable with the idea of our background check system again.

This thread is about Texas getting ready to eliminate the need for gun licenses and background checks. Try to focus for long enough to answer - are you fine with that, or not?

1. Forums
  2. » Texas legislature wants no background checks and NO LICENSES
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.79 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 12:45:24