Texas legislature wants no background checks and NO LICENSES

roger

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 01:45 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Nothing better then a gun fight in a pressure metal tube at 40000 feet with children and infants thrown in.

40,000 fps? I sure hope that's a typographical error. It would be popular, though.
engineer

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 01:54 pm
@roger,
I think he meant elevation as in airplane.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 01:55 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
This thread is about Texas getting ready to eliminate the need for gun licenses and background checks.

You're the one who asked what I thought about eliminating restrictions on gun ownership. I merely answered your question.

snood wrote:
Try to focus for long enough to answer - are you fine with that, or not?

Of course I am. I'm happy for their enhanced freedom.

You do realize that federal gun laws will still apply in Texas?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 01:58 pm
Oralloy says that federal law would still apply in Texas.
I guess that’s technically true, things aren’t that simple in Texas.

Texas republicans have long made it clear that they see federal gun laws as outside interference. They introduced legislation just last month that would make it harder to enforce federal laws in their “gun sanctuary” state.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/04/19/texas-gun-rules-biden-abbott/

As far as guns are concerned, what they want is ‘anything goes’ - gun anarchy.
oralloy

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 02:01 pm
@snood,
God bless Texas.

God bless freedom.

God Bless America.
snood

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 02:04 pm
@oralloy,
God bless Texas first responders.
God bless Texas ER medical personnel.
God bless Texas mental health providers.

And all the people who will deal with the carnage of removing all restrictions from gun ownership.
oralloy

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 02:07 pm
@snood,
I don't anticipate much carnage.
engineer

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 02:13 pm
@snood,
Lots of articles about road rage incidents in Houston on the rise.

Quote:
HPD Sgt. Hector Pizana said the shooting stemmed from a confrontation at a red light at West Greens and Greens Parkway. A woman in the truck glanced over at another vehicle that was stopped at the light and was revving its engine.

"She made eye contact with the other driver and that's all it took," Pizana said.

Pizana said the victims were trying to get away when they were fired upon by both the driver and the passenger. One had a shotgun and the other had a handgun. The passenger was wearing a ski mask.

HPD reported a steep increase in road rage shootings last year. Through October, there was a 30% increase compared to the same time in 2019. Six shootings were deadly.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 02:15 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

I don't anticipate much carnage.

You wouldn’t.
Then again, you wouldn’t acknowledge it when it happened, either.
oralloy

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 02:52 pm
@snood,
Sure I would, if it actually did happen at least.

I only refuse to admit to things that don't happen.
snood

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 03:01 pm
@oralloy,
Okay, let’s see. True or false - Over 100 police suffered injuries at the Capitol on 1/6.
oralloy

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 03:11 pm
@snood,
I haven't paid much attention to that event, but based on my superficial understanding of it, I would say that your statement is true.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 03:25 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

BillRM wrote:

Nothing better then a gun fight in a pressure metal tube at 40000 feet with children and infants thrown in.

40,000 fps? I sure hope that's a typographical error. It would be popular, though.

How is the unit feet is the same as FPS feet per second unit one and the same??????
coluber2001

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 03:37 pm
https://preview.redd.it/jskyv46wkkp51.jpg?auto=webp&s=6c09cd935b24c457ac2e15e4572ee582637b9ec9

Elmer Fudd lives!

He's the product of watching too many television programs and bad movies. He thinks he's Clint Eastwood or Charles Bronson, but he's more like Elmer Fudd. Imagine the embarrassment his wife suffers.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 03:38 pm
@BillRM,
Don’t act so incredulous when you can’t even construct a coherent question.
snood

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 03:40 pm
@coluber2001,
Probably shoot himself in the foot if he tried a quick draw. Ala Barney Fife.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 04:15 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Glad I went to Texas in the 80s, that’s crossed off my bucket list.

Yeah, I've been to a few places in Texas in the 2000s but likely won't go back. I can't believe guns are used in road rage. I think I'll stay in my safe little bubble where no one I know has even seen a gun, much less owns one.
BillRM

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 04:17 pm
@izzythepush,
So fps as in feet per second in the same as just the unit feet????????

Seem off hand that anyone who could get those two things confused is not working with a full desk or at least is having a very bad day.

Not as if I was using the slug as the English unit for mass IE slugs as most people used the unit pound for mass in the English system where pound is also a unit of force.

The English units are a mess but a foot is still just a foot not a feet per second unit.
snood

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 04:21 pm
@Mame,
Wow, that seems eerie to me. How does someone live in this country for decades and never even see a gun? You’re exaggerating, right? I mean, they’ve passed by and seen armed cops, and there are other situations where seeing a gun is just part of the scene.

Maybe you meant they’ve never handled a gun. I could see where that was possible.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 04:22 pm
@BillRM,
Did you piss off a witch at some point?

Cursed to talk bollocks for ever more.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 07:09:02