Is white people's live more precious?

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 01:04 am
Attack on London, is it a big deal?
I watch TV, almost everyday, there is bombing in Iraq, killing many people and also US soldiers themselves, anyone is concerned about Iraq's people?
Why make big story when a few white people/british died?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 712 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 01:09 am
Genocide and starvation happen everyday.The london attacks are just more daily death.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 02:02 am
White peoples lives are no more precious than any other colours.
Should we be disreguarded/less important because we are white?

We knew there was a threat of bombing and now its happened its reported on because we love our country and the people in it, like I hope all people do with their own country.

Not just white people died in the London bombings.It has been widely said that the bombings werent aimed at any race, gender or religion, it was just random murder.

The 'just more daily death' comment was very casual.It seems we are becoming to used to murders
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 02:20 am
I was casual when I said it.Iv'e been an activist since the civil war in el salvador.After awhile you get used to the death happening all over the world. Others take no notice intill it's in their own back yard,then it's a big deal.I hope the people that died in london rest in peace white or not
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 02:37 am
A single event killing lots of people always gets more attention than a number of small events killing the same amount of people. Plane crashes get more attention than car crashes.

Also news get old. There has been a lot of attention around Iraq, and another bombing there doesn't signify any new development, the London bombings do.

Finally events in the western world does attract more attention here than they would if they occurred elsewhere for the simple reason that they seem a lot closer to home. I don't see ethnicity figuring in, but both nationality and location is important.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 07:55 am
Re: Is white people's live more precious?
Futurist wrote:
Attack on London, is it a big deal?
I watch TV, almost everyday, there is bombing in Iraq, killing many people and also US soldiers themselves, anyone is concerned about Iraq's people?
Why make big story when a few white people/british died?

Because civilians were the primary, intended target, as opposed to soldiers.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 11:25 pm
Remember the world reaction to the tsunamis? Remember the media focusing on the tragedies? Remember the world's response? Did anyone complain? Did anyone mention ethnicity or colour?
0 Replies