What are a redneck's, hillbilly's and good ol' boy's preferred weapons of choice?

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 02:13 pm
@Rebelofnj,
People refer to Izzy Azalea as a "wigger". People still use that term.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 02:14 pm
@JGoldman10,
Ignorant people, don’t be one of them.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 02:14 pm
@izzythepush,
Some people, especially young people, thought I was a boomer, going by what I posted on community forums and in chat sites.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 02:20 pm
@JGoldman10,
Before you fly off on any weird twists of logic, Izzy the push is a character in the works of William Burroughs. That’s where the name comes from.

So is Steely Dan by the way. He’s a dildo.

As were on the topic, my avatar is Roger Mellie from Viz comic, and we’ve spoken about that a lot.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 02:22 pm
You people are making a big to-do over me calling someone a "Negro". If my use of racial terminology offends you people so much, I'll stop.

I apologize.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 02:23 pm
@JGoldman10,
That word just makes me thing of you sat in a Kangaroo’s pouch.

You do sound a lot older than you really are, but that’s a product of your conservative upbringing and you can’t do anything about that, so don’t fret, it’s not necessarily a bad thing.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 02:23 pm
@izzythepush,
Okay?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 02:45 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Have you ever heard African Americans use the phrase "Negro please" around each other?

Not since the 50s.
Linkat

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 02:46 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Some people, especially young people, thought I was a boomer, going by what I posted on community forums and in chat sites.

That does not surprise me.
Linkat

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 02:48 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

You people are making a big to-do over me calling someone a "Negro". If my use of racial terminology offends you people so much, I'll stop.

I apologize.

It came across to me as naïve - it was just so you - why it made me laugh. But it was a nice laugh --
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 03:01 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

offends you people so much

That’s what’s called a qualified apology, the fault is on a third party for taking offence. You’re not sorry for using the term, you’re sorry for using it here.

A real apology would be something like, I can see why my comments caused such offence, I’m sorry, something like that.

Btw, I never asked you to apologise for anything at all. I didn’t tell you to do anything either. I challenged you to try to stop addressing people by their race/nationality or pointing out the race/nationality of people. If when you feel the need to use such terminology you pause for thought maybe you won’t feel the need to point out what divides us.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 10:52 pm
@Linkat,
Who cares? I have always acted old for my age.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 10:56 pm
@Linkat,
I think I have heard it used back in the '80s and '90s and more recently than that.

When was the last time you've heard, seen and/or read any African Americans use the terms "brother" or "brotha" and "sister" or "sista" used in reference to other African Americans?

African Americans still use these terms.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2021 01:16 am
Does one really have to be from rural America to work on any rustic characters in a cartoon?

Courage The Cowardly Dog and Spongebob Squarepants are popular kids' cartoon shows.

The first show takes place in a farmhouse in the middle of a town called "Nowhere". Sandy Cheeks is a popular character in the second show - an anthropomorphic squirrel who hails from Texas and lives in an underwater town.

There are a handful of rustic characters in The Simpsons.

I seriously doubt anyone who worked on these cartoon shows had a rustic background.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2021 03:16 am
@JGoldman10,
Both cartoons you mention are incredibly surreal, you have given no indication that is what you’re trying to do.

Sandy Cheeks is counter stereotype, she’s a scientist.

In terms of characterisation Spongebob is more like a WW2 Buddy film where the Southern boy is one character along with the tough kid from the Bronx, the quiet religious type, the cowboy, the Ivy League scholar etc. than a something that focuses on then like The Beverley Hillbillies.

Why are you arguing about this? People have given you their opinion, and arguing about why they’re wrong isn’t going to get any work done.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2021 03:18 am
@JGoldman10,
Calling someone brother or sister is the complete opposite of what you were doing. It’s not pointing out a difference at all, it’s saying that you have something in common with that person.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2021 05:10 am
@izzythepush,
If you're not a Christian I am not your "brother". I don't care what your ethnicity and/or nationality is.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2021 05:11 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Does one really have to be from rural America to work on any rustic characters in a cartoon?

Courage The Cowardly Dog and Spongebob Squarepants are popular kids' cartoon shows.

The first show takes place in a farmhouse in the middle of a town called "Nowhere". Sandy Cheeks is a popular character in the second show - an anthropomorphic squirrel who hails from Texas and lives in an underwater town.

There are a handful of rustic characters in The Simpsons.

I seriously doubt anyone who worked on these cartoon shows had a rustic background.

I met the man who created Courage when I was in art school. He wasn't a rustic type.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2021 05:33 am
@JGoldman10,
Straight away you’re pointing out differences.

Clearly you do care about my ethnicity/nationality or you wouldn’t keep bringing it up.

You point out differences because you believe your “Christianity” makes you superior to others.

That’s the attitude that causes people to fly aeroplanes into tower blocks, blow up public buildings and put people in extermination camps.

It’s the exact opposite of what Jesus preached, the exact opposite.

And that’s why I don’t consider you a Christian.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2021 05:35 am
@JGoldman10,
You were at college with Courage’s creator?

Look what can be done when one decides to do something instead of wasting years and years on pointless ‘research.’
0 Replies