Supreme Court Allows Release of Trump's Tax Returns

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2021 09:49 am
Quote:
The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday paved the way for a New York City prosecutor to obtain former President Donald Trump’s tax returns and other financial records as part of a criminal investigation, a blow to his quest to conceal details of his finances.

The justices without comment rebuffed Trump’s request to put on hold an Oct. 7 lower court ruling directing the former Republican president’s longtime accounting firm, Mazars USA, to comply with a subpoena to turn over the materials to a grand jury convened by Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance, a Democrat.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 440 • Replies: 2
No top replies

revelette3

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2021 09:55 am
@engineer,
I am a little surprised. I wonder how the vote came down and how the later Trump picks voted? Perhaps it is true the current Supreme Court is very tilted right, but necessarily tilted Trump's way.
roger

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2021 12:33 pm
@revelette3,
I suspect the Supreme Court is being very careful not to base anything on political or personal outlooks. I respect them for that.
0 Replies