Red Sox Fans: Are You Covering The Bases?

Linkat

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 07:28 am
I agree 100% with you Slappy. But what about Damon - they shut the mike off on him. I also hear he wants to be an actor, but really s*cks at it. At least Bronson can carry a tune.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 10:06 am
How about that guy in the stands, though, eh? Best catch I've seen in the Boston outfield in a long time...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 01:30 pm
How the hell can Damon become an actor? The guy can't complete a sentence without saying "um" at least 4 times, and he's about as animated as the chick tied up in my trunk from last month.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 01:56 pm
But Slappy you have to admit he was incredible in that Dunkin Donuts commercial. Makes me wonder why he didn't have more than a couple of lines?

Not sure if it is true or not, but I heard that during the filming of that baseball movie with Drew Barrymore - Damon was supposed to have a line, but because he s*cked so bad they took it out.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 02:30 pm
After the beautiful turn of events in yesterdays game I can only hope more Boston players decide to go off on side line endeavors, whether it be music, art or just bumming around.

(Did I mention I am a lifelong Yankee lover even though I live only a short distance from Boston?)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 03:54 pm
Last night felt like the old Red Sox were back, get a lead, lose the lead to a tie, then lose the game. ahhhh, just like the old days!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 10:41 pm
Go sox!
0 Replies

bien

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2005 10:25 pm
Hey hey...Sox fan here.

My husband is from Boston..born and raised..but unfortunately, the military brought him to this shithole town and I kept him here. Confused He made a Sox fan of me though...actually sitting right now with last year's ALCS game 7 playing in the background(pathetic I know, but there's not **** on cable Sunday at 11pm).

Just wondering what other's thoughts are on Pedro leaving? I know I'll never know what it was like to be left waiting for "next year". I guess I became a fan at the perfect time(right before postseason), and I'm spoiled witnessing such a comeback. Now that pitching isn't what it was, I can't help but think that, at this time, Pedro would be very beneficial. Suppose I'm a little biased, afterall Pedro is the first member of last year's team that my husband bragged about(leaving out mishaps during certain games).
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2005 10:30 pm
Bien, we're all worried about the Pedro trade becoming the new curse.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2005 10:32 pm
Hey, anyone hear who won the game tonight?

hehehe...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 04:22 am
yeah, whatever.
a team with a $200mill payroll should have a record of 90-0, not 49-41!

i don't think the pitching is that much worse than last year.
clement has done a decent job filling schilling's shoes.
wells has been steady all year.
foulke's implsion & injury woes are the biggest difference.

pedro's having an awesome year -- he didn't pitch nearly as well for us last year.
derek lowe is 5-10 and struggling bigtime for LA.

with the potent offense and better than average pitching, i like our chances to take the division...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 07:42 am
Nobody on the Sox ever doubted Pedro would be an effective picture, but their offer was beat out by another team, and they understandably didn't want to sign him for that long.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 07:54 am
Getting Leiter was a no brainer for the Yanks and Cashman(Cash-Man...get it?) But 2.8 mill is a little steep for a 3-7 pitcher.
Leiter looked good because the American League hasn't seen his stuff for a while but when they figure it out...kaboom.
On Slappy's note. Sports reporters know less about pop music than they know about baseball.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 07:59 am
bronson has been told not to quit his day job...
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 08:16 am
I am an Ortiz fan and have been since the Red Sox aquired him. Now if they lose Ortiz I will cry. Now what a deal he was.

Pedro - he is a great pitcher, but in my opinion can be unstable at times - when he is good - he is incredible, but he has had alot of bad times too. Don't think he is worth what he was looking for.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 03:29 pm
jeezum crow!!
not only are trot & clement on the DL, but now manny's demanding a trade??

u gotta b shitting me...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 03:23 pm
no deal.
manny gets the big pinch-hit to win the game.
all is forgiven...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 03:31 pm
Guy's flakier than frosted flakes.

But he's an amazing hitter, glad he's sticking around.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 07:37 am
http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/6637/mbm9vd.jpg

he's the Manny!

MBM drove in 4 runs last night, we came back from 4-0 to win 6-4...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 08:34 pm
tonight's MBM update --

hit a 3-run homer (giving him 30 HR's & 100 RBI's on the season) in the 8-5 sawx win, they're 7th straight.
sawx now have a 4 game lead on the yanks...

scary moment in the 2nd inning:
manny & renteria, chasing a blooper, collide in short leftfield.
renteria smacks manny in the face twice (once with each hand) during the collision.
the manny manages to hold on to the ball for the 3rd out, his nose bloodied...

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/baseball/mlb/08/03/bc.bba.redsox.collision.ap/t1_0803_ramirez.renteria_ap.jpg
0 Replies