Red Sox Fans: Are You Covering The Bases?

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 05:55 pm
Who's familar with Bronson Arroyo on the Red Sox, and how he's releasing a new cd?

I'll start off by saying he's got a good voice, and I heard him play a couple songs live on the radio and he sounded pretty good. Not saying he sucks.

Here's what I find funny though: the media, radio, newspapers, and local tv, are absolutely blowing this guy like he's the next Led Zeppelin. During interviews, they keep asking him questions like "what do you think of yourself more as, a baseball player, or a musician?" or "wow, it's so amazing you're releasing a cd AND playing baseball!" Uh, yes, he's a much better musician than PRO baseball player because he can cover songs...stupid.

If you're from Boston and follow the Sox you know what I'm talking about. If you're not from here, you obviously don't hear the constant attention on the cd.

People...it's just f'n COVER SONGS! There's ONE reason this guy was able to release this cd: he's got the money to do it. He hired some very legit musicians to play on the album(including Mike Inez from Alice and Chains), and put it together in the studio. You could walk through Cambridge on any given night and find 20 people who are 10X the "musician" he is.

I will just leave you with this: he plays the Goo Goo Dolls on the cd. And Creed is in his top ten albums of all time.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,213 • Replies: 57
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 05:56 pm
Thanks for sharing.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 05:58 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Thanks for sharing.

No Gus...thank you.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 06:35 pm
Are we whipping any Yankee ass tonight?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 06:48 pm
I have been looking for that damn game. What the hell channel is it on Time Warner Cable? <grumble grumble> F*cking 800 channels and I can't find the goddammed one I want!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 06:59 pm
Find any sports event. Click open the channel guide, pick theme, one of the channels will be the game.

I think I will go try this myself.

Kicky, you will never believe what I am doing now on a daily basis.

J
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 07:01 pm
I'm almost afraid to ask, but...

Hey, Joe, what are you doing on a daily basis now?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 07:02 pm
ESPN 2 Channel 29?? no

YES on Channel 30

It's 5-4 Boston
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 07:02 pm
By the way, thanks for that tip. Worked like a charm.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 07:03 pm
must stay up with technology.
0 Replies

kickycan

YES on Channel 30. Yup.
0 Replies

kickycan

tie game, baby!!!!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 07:04 pm
Screw you. Shut that off and go to bed!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 07:05 pm
Hahaha! Are you going to tell me what you are doing on a daily basis or not, you secretive son of a....?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 07:12 pm
I've started running again. It's the funniest thing people have ever seen on the streets of New York, this huge fat guy huffing along (I walk a twenty minute mile, I run a fifteen minute mile--- what a streak) Anyway, I'm up to about 5 miles one day, and two the next, with a one day rest every five days. Lost about six pounds so far.

dat's all.

Joe(Get out of the way!)Nation
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 07:16 pm
Oh, thank god. I thought you were going to tell me you were doing something bad for you. It's good to know I'm still the most self-destructive member of A2K.

Keep it up, man.

P.S. Do you remember a guy named Jim Fixx? Big-time jogger. Had a heart attack WHILE running and died on the spot.

Just thought you might want to know the dangers.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 07:25 pm
He was a hero of mine back in the 70's. I was soccer ref then and reading Fixx's book, brilliantly titled RUNNING, taught me a lot about the way to jog, walk, run, jog, sprint, have fun, run. Players in the Oklahoma heat couldn't figure out how I could run for 90 minutes, but I was doing practice sessions for twice that long and then going for a ride on my bike.
(I never heard of a triathalon until I was over 30)

Joe(good way to go, lying flat-faced on a dirty sidewalk)Nation

Still tied. Some guy is bowling from the mound.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 07:28 pm
Haha! Good luck with the health kick. I'll double my intake of alcohol and cheese to even things out.

I love this Yankees/Bosox rivalry. Fun stuff.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 10:16 pm
Red Sox blew like a dude hanging out at a rest stop.

Welcome back to the bigs, Curt.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 10:22 pm
I have been watching this arroyo bull, sort of. I Came to the same conclusion (must be ok, but he's making it work with pro-baseball cash). But, I tell ya, the sappy eyebrow emotion in his pix makes me want to slap him.
0 Replies