suspected child abuse

houzer911

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 06:45 pm
thanks for your help ossobuco
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 07:36 pm
You're welcome, houzer. Sorry if I sounded pedantic - I'm just interested.

Keep us posted...

and, in the meantime, welcome to A2k - it's a pretty good community here...
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 08:14 am
I have a six year old daughter. Sometimes I worry that some one may say something about her bruises as she is a typically 6 year old that runs around, falls, etc. She also bruises very easily like me. I never really inspected, but I cannot remember her having bruises on her inner thigh. It is more on her knees and shins. She is also very quiet. That is her personality; her sister on the other hand yaks away like crazy.

But taken all the stuff you mentioned together it does appear suspicious. To be on the safe side I think you did what was best. As a mom, I would not take offense if some one reported this. In some ways I would feel better about the camp that took enough compassion and cared enough for the children to report it. I also do not think you can take pictures of a child, unless the parents signed a release. I have done this for my daughter's camp.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 08:17 am
houzer, you did the right thing. It takes a real hero to stand up for those who can't stand up for themselves. Again, if you are wrong, you can breathe easy knowing that the boy is in no danger. But if you are right, you can save his life.
0 Replies

SHREMINISA

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 08:43 pm
HOUZER,

I ALSO AM A MOTHER OF A 5 YEAR OLD. MY SON IS ALWAYS GETTING A BRUISE HERE OR THERE, BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE THIS POOR CHILD HAS ALOT MORE BRUISING THAN ANY NORMAL 5 YEAR OLD I'VE EVER SEEN. EVEN IF HE IS JUST PRONE TO ACCIDENTS AND BRUISING, THE WAY HE ANSWERS YOUR QUESTIONS SOUNDS STRANGE.
I HOPE EVERYTHING IS FINE BUT YOU SHOULD BE VERY PROUD OF YOURSELF FOR POSSIBLY SAVING THE CHILDS LIFE.

PLEASE KEEP US INFORMED ON WHAT HAPPENDS.
0 Replies