New batch of Repubs being trained

JTT

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 05:47 am
Quote:
Young Republicans suffer setback
Nevada chapter chairman holding the tab; allegations swirl
By Kirsten Searer <[email protected]>
LAS VEGAS SUN

Nevada's chapter of the Young Republicans has basically imploded, leaving its chairman with up to $25,000 in personal debt and allegations that he mishandled money.

All but three people have resigned from the statewide group, but the fallout could prove increasingly embarrassing to the entire state Republican Party.

Today, the chairman of the group, Reno resident Nathan Taylor, plans to hold a press conference attacking three of the state's party leaders -- Sen. John Ensign, Rep. Jim Gibbons and Rep. Jon Porter.

Taylor argues that the state's Republican delegation should have helped him fund the national Young Republican convention held last week at Mandalay Bay.

CONTINUED AT,

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/lv-gov/2005/jul/13/519043252.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 398 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 06:05 am
http://politicsnj.com/njcrjuly2005.htm

Here's how the New Jersey College Republican leader had to step down after attempting to shake down people for money.

Truly a great batch of leaders that are being trained. In fact, I bet if I go look at my BM I can find a dozen more stories like this, I know I've read enough of them over the last year.

Young and College Republicans are truly a scary bunch. They act like their older counterparts, but out of a need to feel useful they rarely excerise judgement or restraint.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies