Voting abuse by right wing extremists.

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2021 05:50 am
When I came on to A2K this morning various posts on the monitoring Biden thread had been voted down below the threshold. All the posts were by those who did not support Trump, while the posts of his slavering lickspittle had been voted up to about 6 or 7.

This is clearly a coordinated effort by one or more right wing posters and their sock puppets.

For people who whine incessantly about freedom of speech they’re desperate to snuff out that which does not agree with them.

hightor

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2021 06:13 am
@izzythepush,
They're very clever. They know that liberals will become so discouraged by being voted down that they will change their political perspective and become right-wing reactionaries.
oralloy

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2021 06:22 am
I went through the thread and upvoted any mass-downvoted post by people who aren't obnoxious.

Posts by obnoxious people I left alone. It was tempting to downvote them since a number of their posts were right on the threshold. However I resisted temptation.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2021 06:26 am
@hightor,
Unbelievably so, who else would believe QAnon?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2021 02:53 pm
@izzythepush,
It's yet another indictment against the entire thumb feature.
hightor

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2021 07:28 am
@Sturgis,
It's really quite amusing to think that someone is so obsessed with the opinions of active posters that he feels moved to manipulate the thumb feature. He whined mightily anytime people voted his posts down and now appears to be acting out some sort of revenge fantasy based not on the content of the posts, but simply by their author.

Such a remarkable display of pettiness.

If, in the midst of a busy discussion, I submit a reply and it gets multiple down votes, I simply assume that I've offended multiple users. So big deal; I'm not here to curry favor with right-wing extremists and if I hit a sore point with them, fine.

a total loser wrote:
It is a very scary world we live in now, straight out of the book '1984', where average Americans are so brainwashed by the leftist media and tech companies, that they're willing to give up their own freedoms AND snitch on their neighbors.

Yeah, it's really scary when liberals gang up on you on a harmless message board and vote down your stupid opinions, you poor dear. But when one reactionary is simply manipulating the reputation feature out of spite, totally unaware of the obviously ironic nature of this action, it's not scary. It's pathetic.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2021 08:28 am
@hightor,
Maybe this is the only place they can talk.
0 Replies