How stupid is Trump?

Below viewing threshold (view)
glitterbag

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2022 09:51 pm
Well, I'm waiting to hear from Santa Clause.......he knows every thing.
roger

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2022 10:52 pm
@glitterbag,
Santa wears a red suit.

Sorry about that.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2022 07:23 am
Interesting article in Politico: Trump is No Longer Enjoying Himself

Quote:
I watched the speech in full again this week, testing several hypotheses, and fully expecting that some or all would prove true.

Has the 76-year-old Trump aged in startling ways? Not really. If anything, he seemed a trifle trimmer this week and not notably more infirm.

Has his message become more scattered and less coherent? To the contrary, it was the 2015 speech that was more marked by random riffs and narrative excursions as different thoughts popped into his head. This week, he was reading from a teleprompter much of the time, which plainly sapped his energy. But it also meant that large parts of the speech (certainly not all of it) made an identifiable argument that could be followed in a linear way from one paragraph to the next.

Has his message markedly changed, in ways that show he does not actually care about any issues but is purely an opportunist who grabs at whatever fits his purposes? No, or at least no more so than the average politician. There was ample consistency between the two speeches: The competitive threat posed by China, the claim that other nations are laughing at American decline, the swampiness of the Washington lobbying culture.

The most significant change — it is dramatic — was that in 2015 Trump was self-evidently having fun and good-naturedly inviting his audience to have fun with him.

Yes, there were lines in 2015 that stirred outrage — his assertion that a flood of undocumented immigrants included many “rapists” — but the dominant tone was one of almost adolescent ebullience.

“I’m really rich!” he exclaimed, adding that his purpose was not to boast but to say he couldn’t be bought. Then he boasted: ”I’m really proud of my success.”

Rather than the scathing insults we now associate with Trump, he claimed of his Republican candidates, “I like them,” even as he mocked them as ineffectual and clueless at deal-making. He talked about how much he hoped then-President Barack Obama would play golf at one of his country clubs (“I have the best courses in the world”).

He described America as “a brand” that needed to be marketed and promised to be upbeat national “cheerleader.”

He talked about winning at Manhattan real estate even though the father he idolized was skeptical. “I gotta build these big buildings, I gotta do it, Dad.” Of his reputation for brutal professional combat, Trump commented, “I think I am a nice person.”

In short, for all the raucous braggadocio, there was a human dimension to Trump in 2015 that was barely evident in the heavy, heaving, hectoring tone of this week’s announcement.
Builder

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2022 02:00 am
@engineer,
Quote:
In short, for all the raucous braggadocio, there was a human dimension to Trump in 2015 that was barely evident in the heavy, heaving, hectoring tone of this week’s announcement.

In short, the author was a Trump fan.
snood

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2022 02:03 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Quote:

In short, the author was a Trump fan.

And really, how can anyone not be?
Builder

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2022 02:05 am
@snood,
Quote:
And really, how can anyone not be?

In a parallel universe, maybe Biden is king Confused
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2022 07:14 am

https://iili.io/HH9eVK7.jpg
izzythepush

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2022 03:02 am
@Mrknowspeople,
You really are so very sad.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2022 06:43 am
@Mrknowspeople,
Quote:
Haf haggertly stoln.

Easy enough for you to say, maybe cut the dosage back just a scosche?
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2022 08:46 am
@izzythepush,
That clown should have registered as MrDipShit. Razz
izzythepush

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2022 08:51 am
@jcboy,
He should have registered as something.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2022 02:25 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

He should have registered as something.

It's not too late. I wonder what he paid to G Maxwell to be quiet for 20yrs.

Edit: thought you were referring to Florida Man.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2022 02:27 pm
@jcboy,
Mr Dipiest ****?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2022 12:14 am
What is Kayne West doing taking a known, big time White Supremacist - Nick Fuentes in to see Donald Trump? Does Ye not know he's Black?
Builder

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2022 12:18 am
@BillW,
https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=841239097023033
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2022 01:45 am
@BillW,
Ye doesn't know a lot of things.