Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2022 06:13 pm
@Region Philbis,
Laughing
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2022 02:10 pm
Foreign governments spent over $750,000 at Trump hotel, new report shows
Quote:
The records show the governments of Saudi Arabia, China and other nations spent more money at the Trump hotel than previously known

Officials from six nations spent more than $750,000 at former president Donald Trump’s hotel in Washington as they were trying to influence his administration, according to documents turned over to congressional investigators.

The records obtained by the House Oversight Committee from Mazars USA, Trump’s former accounting firm, show the governments of China, Malaysia, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and the United Arab Emirates spent more money at Trump International Hotel — renting rooms for up to $10,000 a night — than previously known, during periods they were working to influence the Trump administration’s foreign policy.

“These documents sharply call into question the extent to which President Trump was guided by his personal financial interest while in office rather than the best interests of the American people,” Rep. Carolyn B. Maloney (D-N.Y.), the chair of the committee, said in a statement Monday. “These documents, which the Committee continues to obtain from Mazars, will inform our legislative efforts to ensure that future presidents do not abuse their position of power for personal gain.”

The hotel records show lavish spending by foreign officials at Trump’s hotel. Malaysia’s prime minister spent $1,500 on a personal trainer during his eight-day, $259,724 stay, for example, and the Saudi Ministry of Defense spent $85,961 at the hotel for members of a Saudi delegation that included $10,500-a-night suites. Officials from Qatar spent more than $300,000 over three months ahead of a meeting between Trump and the emir of Qatar.

The Oversight Committee’s findings from financial documents build on extensive reporting by The Washington Post detailing how Trump’s hotel profited from foreign governments during his time in office, and the blurred lines between Trump’s business and his administration.

Last year, Maloney and Rep. Gerald E. Connolly (D-Va.) released hundreds of pages of financial documents related to the Trump property from the General Services Administration — the agency that leased the federally owned property to Trump’s company — and estimated that the Trump hotel had received $3.7 million over three years in payments from foreign governments.

Trump and House Oversight reached a deal in September after years of litigation that would finally allow the committee to see a limited range of Trump’s records with Mazars to review his compliance with presidential ethics and disclosure laws.

The records released Monday cover a limited time period but Maloney requested additional documents from the National Archives, including all documents and communications related to the Trump hotel or hotel stays at Trump-owned properties, documents and communications related to foreign payments to the Trump hotel, and documents and communications related to Chinese or Russian tourism at the Trump hotel or stays by Chinese or Russian officials.

The committee also found that Republican lobbyists with close ties to the Trump administration who were working on behalf of these countries spent tens of thousands at the Trump hotel during the same time periods.

Elliott Broidy, the vice chairman of the Trump Victory Committee and the vice chairman of the Republican National Committee at the time, stayed at the Trump hotel “for four nights during the Malaysian Delegation visit and spent $5,345 over the course of September 2017,” Maloney wrote to Acting Archivist Debra Steidel Wall in a letter laying out the committee’s findings. Broidy later pleaded guilty to acting as an unregistered foreign agent and admitted to secretly lobbying the Trump administration on behalf of Malaysian and Chinese interests.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2022 07:12 am

https://iili.io/H9RKMdP.jpg
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2022 08:32 am
@Region Philbis,
I wish him success in losing everything bigly.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2022 10:24 am
BRUTAL! Trump Security Kept People From Walking Out of His ‘Low-Energy’ 2024 Campaign Launch
By Tommy ChristopherNov 16th, 2022, 10:20 am

https://www.mediaite.com/news/brutal-trump-security-kept-people-from-walking-out-of-his-low-energy-2024-campaign-launch/

In what may become a broader metaphor, security personnel at former President Donald Trump’s campaign launch prevented a crowd of people from leaving what ABC News correspondent Jonathan Karl called a “low-energy” speech.

On Tuesday night at Mar-a-Lago, Trump made what may have been the first presidential campaign announcement to take place at the site of an FBI raid, delivering what many considered an underwhelming, boring speech in which he promised to MAGAGA (Make America Great and Glorious Again).

One description was repeated over and over: the repurposed Trump insult “low energy,” which was how Karl described the speech as he reported on the crowd of people who tried to leave, but were prevented from doing so:

The energy in this ballroom for presidential announcement, to borrow a phrase Trump might use, incredibly low energy.

I actually saw people trying to leave and people leaving early even before he was done. He’s still speaking now. And then they, I think, perhaps a little concerned that the hall, the hall would empty out too much. They actually started preventing people from leaving.

So now they’re no longer allowing people to leave.

Olivia Rubin of ABC News Investigations also posted video of the would-be escapees:

A crowd has formed by the exit of the ballroom as some try to leave Trump’s announcement speech before he has finished…. But security won’t let them. pic.twitter.com/O7C6QJfYgK

— Olivia Rubin (@OliviaRubinABC) November 16, 2022

Time will tell if reluctant Republicans become a captive audience for Trump and his throngs of die-hards, as some analysts worry.

The speech has gotten almost universally poor reviews, and in another telling moment, former First Daughter Ivanka Trump did not attend the speech, and in an interview published minutes into the announcement, told Fox News “I love my father very much. This time around, I am choosing to prioritize my young children and the private life we are creating as a family. I do not plan to be involved in politics.”

She added “While I will always love and support my father, going forward I will do so outside the political arena. I am grateful to have had the honor of serving the American people and I will always be proud of many of our Administration’s accomplishments.”

Mame

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2022 11:29 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

former President Donald Trump’s campaign launch prevented a crowd of people from leaving what ABC News correspondent Jonathan Karl called a “low-energy” speech.

...he reported on the crowd of people who tried to leave, but were prevented from doing so:

...I actually saw people trying to leave and people leaving early even before he was done. ... Perhaps a little concerned that the hall, the hall would empty out too much. They actually started preventing people from leaving.

...So now they’re no longer allowing people to leave.

Olivia Rubin of ABC News Investigations also posted video of the would-be escapees:

A crowd has formed by the exit of the ballroom as some try to leave Trump’s announcement speech before he has finished…. But security won’t let them. pic.twitter.com/O7C6QJfYgK

— Olivia Rubin (@OliviaRubinABC) November 16, 2022

I wonder how long the crowd would have to be detained before they started booing. Enforced attendance? Bad idea.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2022 11:40 am
@Mame,
Quote:
Enforced attendance? Bad idea.

Especially on camera.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2022 12:07 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

No, but see - that’s just how sneaky the radical leftists are. They wanted everyone to THINK they were Trump people, so that THEN, everyone would hate Trump, and … no, wait that can’t be it…

Okay see, Antifa and BLM were disguised as good old regular Americans, so that no one would SUSPECT that we, I mean they, no wait… I’ll get back to you.

It makes perfect sneaky radical libtard sense, I PROMISE.

This is one of my favorite posts from you. ☘️
glitterbag

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2022 12:13 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

I only talked about one thing, the frequency of hurricanes. Please don't convert the conversation into something else.

Can you believe anyone actually posted this on a thread about Trump? How about this: Would anyone like to discuss the utility of metal can openers versus electric can openers?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2022 12:14 pm
@glitterbag,
The last six years have made me lean very hard on trying to find humor in things. I’m already pretty nutso, but I would really go off the deep end if I couldn’t laugh at ****.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2022 12:15 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

For God's sake. Read my posts before you respond to them. I didn't say the suit didn't mention it. I said that it was only one part of the suit, which was about a pattern of defamation lasting years.

(oh dear, now he's offended.....how awful)
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2022 12:20 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter, I bet the amount is really 3 X $750,00.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2022 01:56 pm
Fox and Friends pretty much ignores Trump's announcement. That does not bode well for his campaign.

Quote:
As you might expect, many GOP power brokers are, shall we say, pretty unenthusiastic about once again tying their party’s electoral fortunes to a lying, divisive narcissist whose candidacy is compelled by the belief that running for president will make it harder for the Biden DOJ to send him to prison. One such power broker is news mogul Rupert Murdoch, whose various outlets have been conspicuously irritated with Trump since the midterm debacle. (The New York Post called him “Trumpty Dumpty.” Zing!) That said, as I wrote last week, the Murdochs are pragmatists who are very much aware that a good chunk of the Republican base remains enthralled with Trump—and that Trump’s base may well punish Murdoch if Fox News tries to kill the ex-president’s new campaign before it is clearly, verifiably dead.

How will Fox News handle this dilemma? If Wednesday morning’s Fox & Friends is any indication, Fox News may well cover this stage of Trump’s presidential campaign by, er, not covering it. The network’s morning show was once something of a daily ego boost for Trump. In 2017, I wrote that the show was in “lockstep with Trump’s reactionary agenda.” Trump and his proxies were frequent guests, while hosts Steve Doocy, Ainsley Earhardt, and Brian Kilmeade spent most mornings effectively giving the president and his policies a big, warm hug.

On Wednesday morning, though, the three hosts seemed more like they were trying to wriggle out of the president’s grasp. While Fox & Friends did lead off the show with a discussion of Trump’s announcement, and while the hosts returned to the topic throughout the program’s three-hour run time, it was hardly the wall-to-wall Trump Fest that viewers would have seen in years past. This circumspection is notable because Trump’s announcement last night didn’t take anyone by surprise. Everyone knew it was coming, especially the producers of Fox & Friends, which is why it is difficult to see the arc of Trump’s favorite morning show following the announcement as anything but a deliberate editorial choice to dampen the impact of Trump’s attempted comeback tour.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2022 01:13 pm
Oh, what's that sound I hear?

Me thinks it is the air coming out of the gas bag......
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2022 05:44 pm
@BillW,
He's had the snot kicked out of him in courts all over the East Coast. Good.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2022 08:15 pm
I'm guessing he heard the rumor that a declared candidate can't be indicted. I only hope he finds out how wrong he is.