How stupid is Trump?

Below viewing threshold (view)
hightor

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2024 04:04 am
@Builder,
Aside from attempting to overturn the legitimate results of a presidential election?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2024 06:46 am
@Builder,
Quote:
indication that apart from paying off a prostitute

Common misconception among you Trump Humpers. The crime wasn't about consorting with prostitutes or any other woman. the crime was not about trying to hide it from his wife. The crime was not about paying for silence. It was about using campaign funds in an illegal manner. He used it pay off a sexual partner. He used it for personal gain.

It's just like a bank owner taking money out of your account to pay a hooker. Campaign money is regulated to keep corruption out of the election process.

What's your opinion about his taking secret documents from the White House - part of his official duties?
hightor

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2024 07:25 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:

What's your opinion about his taking secret documents from the White House - part of his official duties?

Which, no doubt, include sharing top secret plans for an attack on Iran to impress guests at his Bedminster golf course.
coluber2001

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2024 01:36 pm
@hightor,
Supporting Trump?

Stupidity is no excuse. It's one thing to have been indoctrinated, but it's another thing to stay indoctrinated. You can't help the first, but you can help the second.

America will go down in history as the great failed experiment in democracy. What will emerge from that is anybody's guess. Even Germany arose from the ashes of the Phoenix.
BillW

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2024 04:05 pm
@coluber2001,
coluber2001 wrote:

Supporting Trump?

Stupidity is no excuse. It's one thing to have been indoctrinated, but it's another thing to stay indoctrinated. You can't help the first, but you can help the second.

America will go down in history as the great failed experiment in democracy. What will emerge from that is anybody's guess. Even Germany arose from the ashes of the Phoenix.

The great multitude must first admit to the total destructiveness of their leader and his minion. Then swear to how to fix his/her destructiveness, not to ever allow it to happen again!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2024 05:10 pm
@Builder,
"but, but, but, but, but ..."
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2024 02:57 pm
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2024 06:06 am
@tsarstepan,
Oh jebus, that's a hoot.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2024 12:34 am
@hightor,
Quote:
Aside from attempting to overturn the legitimate results of a presidential election?

The former president’s comments on 6 January 2021, which are alleged to have incited the Capitol attack, are also likely to be deemed official actions.

The chief justice also said “testimony or private records of the president or his advisers” are not admissible in court. This greatly limits the kinds of evidence prosecutors can introduce to support their case, even in instances involving non-official actions.

Meanwhile, Trump’s contacts with private citizens will have to be considered by the trial court as to whether they are unofficial actions.

Justice Roberts explained that presidents need such broad immunity for official actions because the threat of criminal prosecution – and the “peculiar public opprobrium that attaches to criminal proceedings” - might “distort” presidential decision-making.

“The president is not above the law,” he wrote. “But Congress may not criminalise the president’s conduct in carrying out the responsibilities of the executive branch under the Constitution.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c903q4yq4deo
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2024 11:33 am
@Builder,
That was a very good retuttal. Not much of a rebuttal.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2024 01:26 pm
@Builder,
The ruling only shows that conservative justices are carrying out the political mission which they were charged with fulfilling. Legal scholars from both sides have condemned the decision as contrary to the country's 248 year-old tradition of limited executive power.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2024 01:34 pm
(question from the website Quora)
"Is Trump just a senile puppet that the far right puts on stage to entertain the idiots and steal their vote?"

It's also true that Trump as a sociopath, egocentric, and narcissist epipomizes these pathologies as the norm and even parades them as the zenith of human expression. This is the true fascist philosophy of power reigning over humanity, which always leads to a cultural dead end.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2024 10:09 pm
A useful tool for anyone committed to saving democracy from the fascists:

https://www.justsecurity.org/92714/american-autocracy-threat-tracker/
coluber2001

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2024 11:33 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Trump often brags and blathers about passing a cognitive test.

I would love for both presidential candidates to submit to a mental health examination by a board of psychiatrists. I believe Biden would easily pass as mentally healthy, while Trump's sociopathy, narcissism, and egocentrism would be exposed for all to see. It's a sad thing when mental illness is paraded as toughness and it becomes an acceptable characteristic in a potential world leader.
coluber2001

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2024 02:06 pm
https://img.ifunny.co/images/f94a0e2b830edfaa29269ee0e09fcca4cf3314daa2abaaf99a083e5d5a7d15f3_1.webp
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2024 06:58 am
Trump ex Marla Maples suggests she could be VP in first interview in 8 years

Adam Nichols

July 9, 2024 8:15AM ET

https://www.rawstory.com/marla-maples-trump/

BeLoud Share
Trump ex Marla Maples suggests she could be VP in first interview in 8 years
Marla Maples and Donald Trump 1990 (Photo: Vicki L. Miller / Shutterstock)

Donald Trump’s spurned second wife has “forgiven” the ex-president and is revved up to help him win the presidency — and even sees herself as a possible vice president.

In her first interview in eight years, Marla Maples — who was blamed for the end of Trump's union with first wife Ivana, and who was later dumped for Melania — told the UK’s Evening Standard she doesn’t believe the many allegations against her ex.

And she said she’s willing to do whatever is needed to help him become president again.

“I’m ready. I am available if needed and I’m not sitting back anymore,” said Maples, who has a daughter, Tiffany, with Trump. “I want to step out more, share more and not be afraid of positive or negative outcomes that come from speaking out... It’s time I can really be more on point with what I may be called to do.”

When asked about potentially being Trump’s VP pick, she said, “Someone would have to ask my ex-husband about that. I’m open. I’m open to whatever way that I can serve. Right now everyone [in the Trump family] is just seeing how we can help.”

ALSO READ: 'Angry Democrats!' Morning Joe says he's getting yelled at on streets by Biden supporters'

The Standard reported Maples’ “support may come as a surprise to some; you could easily forgive Maples for hating her ex-husband.”

But she said, "Anything from the past I’ve forgiven. That is a conversation that Donald and I have had: forgiving each other. Marriages are challenging, especially when you play them out in the media.”

And she dismissed all of the legal challenges against him, including a civil lawsuit that found he sexually abused writer E. Jean Carroll.

“I do know my daughter’s father well enough to know that he’s never had to push himself on another person,” she said. “He’s always had women throw themselves on him instead. I don’t believe there was a crime done.”
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2024 06:56 am
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2024 01:59 pm

Trump claims not to know who is behind Project 2025, but a CNN review
found at least 140 people who worked for him are involved

(cnn)

#LyinKing45
#IfHisLipsAreMovingHesLying

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2024 02:10 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

Trump claims not to know who is behind Project 2025, but a CNN review
found at least 140 people who worked for him are involved

(cnn)

#LyinKing45
#IfHisLipsAreMovingHesLying

Trump's comments on this:

“I know nothing about Project 2025.”

“I disagree with some of the things they’re saying and some of the things they’re saying are absolutely ridiculous and abysmal."

Some tell him that the two comments make no sense together.
0 Replies