How stupid is Trump?

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2024 08:52 am
@hingehead,
Thou shalt underestimate Trump at your peril.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2024 09:09 am
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GQZbniCXsAAk3vp.jpg
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2024 02:52 pm
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2024 06:44 am
People seems to be obsessed with a win or loss in this debate. But what defines a win or loss in a debate?

Nobody is going to be persuaded one way or another by this debate because they're already made up their mind long ago. And I have a hard time believing that Trump will respond to the theme of the questions. He will use the debate as another rally to attack the opposition, but with a huge audience.

This is not a debate of one candidate against the other, of one party against the other. It is a debate of one system against the other, democracy versus fascism. If Biden doesn't address this clash of systems, then he has wasted an opportunity. He needs to be hard-hitting with the truth. He has to reveal the authoritarianism and insanity of Trump or else he really is too old and too weak to carry the banner of the revolution of democracy. He needs to reveal what Trump is and what Trump stands for and show no mercy because the occasion calls for it. But does Biden have the strength to do this?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2024 07:30 pm
@coluber2001,
First of all this is no debate. It's question and answer.
coluber2001

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2024 05:18 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
And, as I understand it, Trump did neither. I didn't watch the debate, but I understand that Biden did poorly, and Trump did egocentrics proud with his prevarications and evasions. So, it's the old vs the insane. How can we go wrong. Still I'll take old over insane.
Ragman

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2024 05:25 pm
The loser is the American voter. Talk about caught between a rock and a hard place. How can Trump be a candidate as a convicted felon?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2024 10:16 pm
@Ragman,
Why should four years of good competent leadership be erased by a two hour dog and pony show while with a summer cold and hoarseness? He answered every question, self corrected his few mis-speaks almost as quickly as he made them. He made substantive answers regarding his policies and how to realize them.

Meanwhile the press and pundits are not calling out for a convicted felon and fraudster to step down?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2024 08:59 pm
How does anyone know when Trump is lying?

His lips are moving and sound is coming out of his throat!
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2024 06:54 am
Trump mocked after claiming he was ‘tortured’ in Georgia jail booking after turning himself in voluntarily

Republican presidential candidate makes wild claim in latest fundraising email to supporters

Quote:
Donald Trump is being ridiculed on social media after claiming in a fundraising email to supporters that he was “tortured” at his Georgia arraignment last August.

“I want you to remember what they did to me,” the Republican presidential candidate’s campaign wrote in its latest mail-out.

“They tortured me in the Fulton County Jail, and TOOK MY MUGSHOT. So guess what? I put it on a mug for the WHOLE WORLD TO SEE!”

Sure enough, the same dispatch offers coffee cups for sale bearing precisely that image, available with a suggested donation of $47 or $100, the former amount a nod to his ambition of becoming America’s 47th president.

The email, characteristically hyperbolic throughout, also contains a special message from Trump that reads: “I’ve been raided, indicted, and convicted in a rigged trial! Despite all of what they throw at me, I will never surrender! Can I count on your sustained support today? You will be the reason we take back our country!”

Trump was indicted by Fulton County district attorney Fani Willis last summer on racketeering charges related to the alleged plot to overturn the Peach State’s 2020 election result in his favour and voluntarily surrendered to authorities at Fulton County Jail in Atlanta on August 24, where the now-infamous mugshot was taken.

https://static.independent.co.uk/2023/09/04/20/2023-08-26T233738Z_1069138397_RC2YV2AEHSVC_RTRMADP_3_USA-TRUMP-GEORGIA-MUGSHOT-MERCHANDISE.JPG?quality=75&width=640&auto=webp
Trump wasted no time in using his mugshot to raise money (Reuters)

The candidate has continued to use the image ever since, raising campaign funds by featuring it on merchandise and most recently gifting T-shirts bearing it to podcasters Logan Paul and Mike Majlak when they interviewed him for their Impaulsive show, the duo jokily referring to him as a “gangster” in response.

Trump’s email was widely derided on X, with media commentator Mike Sington characterising the appeal as just another “lie to take money from his rubes”.

Another user had questions: “Trump thinks torture includes photographs and fingerprinting? Was he strip-searched? How many criminals are laughing at him?”

independent
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2024 06:43 am
Tortured him. What a laugh.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2024 06:46 am
@coluber2001,
I'd watch a debate, like the debates the League of Women Voters put on, they'd ask questions and get answers before moving on.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2024 04:53 pm
(question from the website Quora)
Is Joe Biden fit to lead America until the end of his first term in 7 months?

Hopefully, and another 4 years too. We are left with two old candidates. One supports boring democracy while the other one wants to end it and replace it with authoritarianism. One is old and steady and the other is old, crazy, and despotic.

When I say Trump is crazy, I mean he's egocentric, narcissistic, and sociopathic. These are not exaggerations, they are the qualities of his consciousness that he demonstrates daily. He's proud of his sociopathy, his narcissism, and his egocentrism, which he parades as necessary qualities for a tough world leader. As if what the world needs is another Putin.

Somehow, one gets the feeling that Trump's image would perfectly fit as the leader of a third world country in the 19th or 20th century, a short-sighted dictator cementing his own place in a Banana Republic. It's easy to picture Trump wearing an army uniform fully plastered with ribbons and medals and with a fancy hat festooned with scrambled eggs and gold trimmings. Here he is on top of a platform with a swagger stick in hand addressing a large crowd of ardent supporters with his volumious exhortations of self praise. The crowd responds verbally en masse in unison with joyful enthusiasm, arms raised in the air, pointing with single fingers at "The One."

that Trump's image would perfectly fit as the leader of a third world country in the 19th or 20th century, a short-sighted dictator cementing his own place in a Banana Republic. It's easy to picture Trump wearing an army uniform fully plastered with ribbons and medals and with a fancy hat festooned with scrambled eggs and gold trimmings. Here he is on top of a platform with a swagger stick in hand addressing a large crowd of ardent supporters with his volumious exhortations of self praise. The crowd responds verbally en masse in unison with joyful enthusiasm, arms raised in the air, pointing with single fingers at "The One."

coluber2001

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2024 05:07 pm
@coluber2001,
Of course, I realize that America is neither a third world country nor a
Banana Republic, so a Trump-like figure could never gain power in an educated country like the United States.
hingehead

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2024 06:40 pm
@coluber2001,
Quote:
Of course, I realize that America is neither a third world country nor a
Banana Republic,

Yet.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2024 07:20 pm
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f0/0d/87/f00d87e5ed01db489cd6ad6aa9ca355e.jpg
Builder

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2024 08:22 pm
@hingehead,
Not true at all, hinge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_immunity_in_the_United_States
hingehead

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2024 10:15 pm
@Builder,
Do you ever read/comprehend the sources you post?

In the first paragraph it says:

"Neither civil nor criminal immunity is explicitly granted in the Constitution or any federal statute."

It states "immunity from civil damages was ruled by SCOTUS in 1982"
Then it says:
"The Supreme Court of the United States found in Nixon v. Fitzgerald (1982) that the president has absolute immunity from civil damages actions regarding conduct within the "outer perimeter" of their duties. However, in Clinton v. Jones (1997), the court ruled against temporary immunity for sitting presidents from suits arising from pre-presidency conduct. "

Then: it says and I quote:

"The Supreme Court ruled in Trump v. United States (2024) that presidents have absolute criminal immunity for official acts under core constitutional powers, presumptive immunity for other official acts, and no immunity for personal actions."
Builder

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2024 10:25 pm
@hingehead,
Oh, I read it alright, and yes, it's full of contradictions, and contraindications,
but that's US "law" as it is, and exactly as bogus as Australia's pretense at law, as we know it today.
hingehead

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2024 10:52 pm
@Builder,
What? It clearly says that Presidential Criminal Immunity didn't exist before SCOTUS granted it in the last week. A point I made in a post that you responded to with "Not true at all, hinge."

And now you're dissembling. Why bother?