Since when is it considered non-PC to tell females they should smile more?

cherrie

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2021 02:04 am
@JGoldman10,
If I was upset about something and some do-gooder came along and told me to smile, that wouldn't make me 'feel better' about myself.

It would make me angry that this person felt they had any right to tell me how to behave, especially because they would have no clue as to what was happening in my life.

If you want to go around smiling inanely, go for it, but don't expect everyone else to do the same.

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2021 02:57 am
@cherrie,
Christians should smile, no matter what they are going through.

That's the point I was making. Christians are supposed to have the joy of the Lord.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2021 02:58 am
@JGoldman10,
Saying you’re a Christian doesn’t give you the right to bully people.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2021 03:11 am
@JGoldman10,
But not everyone is a Christian, and not everyone has to pretend to be happy every moment of the day.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2021 03:47 am
@cherrie,
I got that.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2021 04:56 am
@JGoldman10,
Some people have miserable resting faces, they can’t help it and are sick of people telling them to cheer up.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2021 06:48 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I've never heard that taught at church. At a higher level, there is a difference between complimenting someone and demanding they change their appearance. If a stranger walked up to you and said "you should wear better shirts," how would you take that? Unsolicited advice is always a danger, unsolicited demands more so.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2021 06:50 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I watched scenes of Jesus being crucified in several movies. He was NOT smiling.

Jesus? JGoldman believes you're a Bad Christian!
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2021 06:52 pm
@cherrie,
cherrie wrote:

But not everyone is a Christian, and not everyone has to pretend to be happy every moment of the day.

Well? According to JGodman (I'm keeping this blasphemy of a typo)? We're all going to the worst parts of Hell because of that.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2021 07:01 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

JGoldman10 wrote:

I watched scenes of Jesus being crucified in several movies. He was NOT smiling.

Jesus? JGoldman believes you're a Bad Christian!

Quote:
Life's a piece of ****
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughin' as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you
And ...

I mean, what have you got to lose?
You know, you come from nothing
You're going back to nothing
What have you lost? Nothing

(No... I can't help myself)
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2021 08:13 pm
BillRM wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

This is a very Western attitude, and it is new to our culture. Women didn't used to feel this way, and in other countries most don't.

It is a cultural taboo that was instituted by a social movement.

Don't tell an American woman (or someone from a majority White, English speaking country) to smile.

In most of Mexico (except among Americanized women) it ia still seen as a compliment.

When you smile you light up everything and everyone around you,
beside taking my breathe away so I would suggest that your smile a little more if possible as a favor to me.

Dialing the above statement up or down depending on your relationship with the lady.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2021 10:47 pm
@JGoldman10,
Did the woman on the chat site have some type of a response to your comment?
Real Music

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2021 09:37 pm
@JGoldman10,
1. I asked if the woman had responded to your comment in any type of way, because just maybe she was okay with your comment. I don't know.

2. You indicated that someone else on the chat site had said that your comment was not politically correct.

3. Maybe the woman your comment was directed at was okay with your comment. I don't know.

4. Or maybe she also felt that your comment was not politically correct. I don't know.

5. I don't believe you meant any harm by your comment.

6. Sometimes we say things that may be perceived in ways that we never intended.

7. When this happens, it's best to acknowledge the person's feelings, respect the person's feelings, and apologize.
0 Replies

knaivete

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2021 10:31 pm
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2021 03:28 am
@Real Music,
She was okay with it. She's an online female friend.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2021 09:08 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

She was okay with it. She's an online female friend.

It would be so hysterically funny if [she/he] catfished you into thinking [she/he]'s an online female friend.

Knowing how digitally naive you are and how easily duped you are regarding what you consume online? Basically, you really don't have any internet savvy and digital situational awareness.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2021 05:23 am
@tsarstepan,
I disagree with that last statement. I don't believe everything I see, read, and/or hear online.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2021 05:47 am
@JGoldman10,
Yes you do if it's some word religious site.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2021 11:14 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I disagree with that last statement. I don't believe everything I see, read, and/or hear online.

From the anecdotal evidence presented by you in the countless multitude of threads on a2k over the 15 years on the forum? It wouldn't be too much of a leap in an assumption that you hadn't graduated high school given your fundamental lack of understanding in the basic sciences, political sciences, history, etc....
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2021 04:28 am
@tsarstepan,
I have a degree in Animation. I went to art college.