Do most people keep mobile phones on their person, in this day and age, and if so, where?

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2020 12:42 pm
Hi. I am curious about this. I presume most people in this day and age use mobile phones. I presume most people keep these phones on their person. Where on their person do most people keep them? I don't keep mine physically on me, I usually keep mine in a handbag.

Please help. Thank you.

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2020 04:41 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Hi. I am curious about this. I presume most people in this day and age use mobile phones. I presume most people keep these phones on their person. Where on their person do most people keep them?

You never heard of pockets? Most people have pockets (in their pants; hoodie sweatshirts; jackets; etc...)

Quote:
I don't keep mine physically on me, I usually keep mine in a handbag.

https://imgur.com/YWPwePz.jpg
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2020 09:27 pm
@JGoldman10,
I keep mine in my front pocket, right next to my testicles.
Ragman

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2020 02:48 pm
@maxdancona,
Don’t leave home without them.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2020 12:30 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I keep mine in my front pocket, right next to my testicles.

Thankfully, cell phone emissions are nonionizing.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2020 01:32 pm
@tsarstepan,
What about testicle emissions?

(At this point in life I care far more about the functioning of my cell phone).
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 08:37 pm
I know a majority of people in this day and age use mobile phones of some kind, especially since most public payphones have been recalled, and I presume a large number of people use smartphones. I would assume they keep their phones in some kind of case when not in use, and they put their phones somewhere on their person, NOT in any pants pockets.

If not on their person, then they probably keep them in a purse, or some kind of handbag like I do, or some kind of carrying case, like a fanny pack or briefcase or something along these lines.

Here's a list of places you SHOULD NOT keep a mobile phone in:

https://brightside.me/inspiration-tips-and-tricks/scientists-reveal-the-10-places-where-its-not-a-good-idea-to-keep-your-phone-420910/
Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 09:35 pm
@JGoldman10,
According to the FDA, who are much more reputable that brightside.me:

Quote:
Some people are concerned that radio frequency energy from cell phones will cause cancer or other serious health hazards. Based on the evaluation of the currently available information, the FDA believes that the weight of scientific evidence has not linked exposure to radio frequency energy from cell phone use with any health problems at or below the radio frequency exposure limits set by the FCC.

https://www.fda.gov/radiation-emitting-products/cell-phones/do-cell-phones-pose-health-hazard
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 10:07 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Hello Rebel, and Happy New Year.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 10:20 pm
@JGoldman10,

FFS?!
Of course, you're posting this dumpster fire of a clickbait site. And take its nonaccredited pseudoscience as fact.

Seriously?!
MEDIA BIAS FACT CHECK:
Quote:
Overall, we rate BrightSide a mild pseudoscience and factually Mixed website based on the promotion of questionable scientific information and unproven claims.

Those idiots running that social media empire are some scary fracking militant Russian nationalists.

"Bright Side straight-up lies!"
Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 10:23 pm
@tsarstepan,
Which is why I linked to a government website, to counter JG's use of a clickbait site.

I really don't like people using random blogs and clickbait websites as a way to spread misinformation.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2021 12:14 am
@Rebelofnj,
How do you know if a site is clickbait or not?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2021 05:00 am
@JGoldman10,
Common sense.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2021 12:11 am
@Rebelofnj,
How do you know the site I posted a link to is "clickbait"?
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2021 07:14 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

How do you know the site I posted a link to is "clickbait"?

Because Rebelofnj's not digitally naive/illiterate. He has a critical mind and knows when to be skeptical and wary of online garbage sources like the parent corp., TheSoul Publishing. That it has Russian founders; that it's headquartered in Cyprus; that there are many red flags that scream these companies can never be trusted.

"Clickbait" literally is the business model of Brightside. It has been critiqued by reviewers of media. In my pretty extensive research in my previous post, the parent corporation has a reputation for being sketchy and even has some downright unethical scruples with their output online.
0 Replies