switching between two outputs

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 01:43 pm
Hi guys, I would really appreciate if someone could give me advice on how to build circuit for this case. On my circuit input I have slowly arising voltage from 0V to 10V, and on my circuit I have 2 outputs. When input has 0V-5V, first output has to be active, but when voltage rises from 5V-10V, first output has to deactivate and second output become active. And vice versa, when voltage decreasing to less than 5V, second output has to deactivate and first become active.
5V is the point where output changes, depending on voltage.
I was thinking to use 5V or 6V relay which gets active when voltage gets close to 5V. But relay coil will always use energy, which is not good in my case, as I need as much as possible voltage and current on outputs. Can you help to project switching between two outputs using transistors or comparators circuit? Thanks in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,643 • Replies: 2
No top replies

timur

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 02:17 pm
Should be easy with a few components using CMOS technology:

1 - Schmitt trigger with a 5 V threshold, input 0-10 V.

2 - Trigger output connected to a AND gate input and a NAND gate input.

3 - The other input of the AND gate connected to the plus (+)

4 - The other input of the NAND gate connected to the 0V.

5 - The NAND gate output is your "Output 1"

6 - The AND gate output is your "Output 2"

Done..
mingasss

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 03:07 pm
@timur,
Hi, thanks a lot for your advice. Would you be able to draw a quick scheme to make it more clear for me? I don't want to make mistakes when making it. To make more clear I have drawn a plan of my circuit and hosted this picture here: postimg.org/image/hr0xq8jth
I appreciate your help, thanks
0 Replies