Solution to COVID-19

gollum

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2020 06:11 am
1) Set a number of demarcated areas around the country.

2) In each such area, announce a 2-week lockdown. No person would be allowed outside of his home either for employment or most any other purpose. Each person living in each of these areas would be provided with food and other necessaries for the 2-week period.

3) At the end of the 2-week period, a person from outside the area would arrive at each residence and test each person for COVID.

4) Each person found to be contagious would be taken to an isolation zone until he is non-contagious.

5) Each person found to be non-contagious would be free to live their lives.

6) Then the process would be repeated for other demarcated areas until the entire country was covered.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 505 • Replies: 6

engineer

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2020 10:04 am
@gollum,
I think you assume uniform compliance when we have seen that in the US, that is not going to happen.
gollum

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2020 12:17 pm
@engineer,
engineer-

Good point. I admit that there would not be total compliance. I suppose, there has not been total compliance for any law in human history.

However, in my proposed plan, I am asking each person to change his/her behavior for only two-weeks. In contrast, various State and local governments have ordered behavior for the last nine months.

I believe that law can be substantially effective in protecting the public interest even with a small degree of non-compliance.
engineer

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2020 12:55 pm
@gollum,
Actually, originally people were asked to change their behavior for two weeks... and it didn't work well in the US although it was pretty successful elsewhere. What you are proposing is pretty much what other countries did. It didn't work in the US.
gollum

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2020 12:59 pm
@engineer,
engineer-

If that is the case then the problem is insoluble in the U.S. except via a vaccine.

It seems as if the character of the American people has changed for the worse in recent years. I'm not sure what caused that in the U.S. and not elsewhere.
engineer

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2020 01:04 pm
@gollum,
In the US, the idea that we should all pull together for the common good has been replaced with the concept that nothing must impinge upon "personal freedom" and there is a lot of money to be made pushing that narrative.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2020 06:21 pm
@gollum,
Trump.
0 Replies