Can Flynn be compelled to answer questions under oath now that he has been granted a pardon?

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2020 05:30 am
Now that Michael Flynn has been pardoned by Trump,can he be compelled to answer questions about alleged criminal activity committed by any members of the Trump administration
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 4,533 • Replies: 6
No top replies

engineer

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2020 06:33 am
@Jacktragic,
In theory yes, but he can always say "I don't remember" if he doesn't want to comply and since he recently called for armed rebellion against the government I doubt he would be cooperative.
BillRM

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2020 08:15 am
@engineer,
A man claims he did not remember his password to an encipher drive and he spend a few years repeat a few years in prison under a charge of contempt of court as the Judge did not believe him so I do not remember is not a get out of jail free card.
RABEL222

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2020 08:42 pm
@BillRM,
And then the fact he has already admitted guilt would mean he was lying.
roger

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2020 10:02 pm
@RABEL222,
Hey, that's clever.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2020 04:17 pm
@Jacktragic,
Jacktragic wrote:
Now that Michael Flynn has been pardoned by Trump, can he be compelled to answer questions about alleged criminal activity committed by any members of the Trump administration

He could claim a Fifth Amendment right to not incriminate himself on state charges.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2020 04:23 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
And then the fact he has already admitted guilt would mean he was lying.

He withdrew his guilty plea.

And it would not necessarily mean that he was lying even if he had not withdrawn it. Sometimes innocent people are pressured into pleading guilty despite their innocence.
0 Replies