What does Joe Biden stand for?

oralloy

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 06:31 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Ollie fails to see his own lack of good common sense.

Why do people who oppose civil liberties always invoke common sense?

It's like some rule of the universe or something. It never fails.

I agree with you that I lack common sense. I openly reject common sense.

I favor facts and logic.
derpydoo

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 08:10 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
jo Biden stands against racism.

Racists like Drumpf and Kanye West.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 08:11 am
@oralloy,
Oralloy,

I think it is funny that you uses the plural form of "civil liberties"... when you are only talking about one.
oralloy

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 08:19 am
@maxdancona,
Every liberty is just as important as all the other liberties. And the violation of any one civil liberty is just as bad as the violation of any other.
farmerman

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 10:33 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Every liberty is just as important as all the other liberties. And the violation of any one civil liberty is just as bad as the violation of any other

I think you should have this printed on the inside of your eyelids as you seem to focus on only one , what with denying the existence to political parties an "Outlawing" free association.

Are you even on the same plane of reality as the biological world upon which we live ?
oralloy

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 10:39 am
@farmerman,
I have not proposed outlawing free association.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 11:36 am
For liberals there are 10 amendments in the Bill of Rights and 10 commandments.

For Republicans there is only one amendment in the Bill of rights, along with the 9 commandments.
oralloy

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 11:39 am
@maxdancona,
Nonsense. I'm a conservative and I value the entire Bill of Rights.

And what progressive (they do not deserve to be called liberals) values the Tenth Amendment?
0 Replies

roger

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 03:19 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
FreedomEyeLove wrote:

If I'm to believe that they voted for him because they believe in his values, and not that they voted for him out of hatred for his opponent, then what are his values?

Ah, but that's exactly why I voted for Biden. I'm not crazy about Biden, and Harris actually scares me. I only hope Biden remains sound of mind and body for at least four more years.
maxdancona

Sat 7 Nov, 2020 03:23 pm
@roger,
Yeah, I voted for Biden because I hate Trump too. I am happier about Biden then I would have been about Clinton (I voted for her for the same reason).

I am thinking about the future. Hatred for Trump is not the same as hatred of Trump voters. I hope we all remember this as we try to fix the nasty political chasm.
oralloy

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 08:27 pm
@maxdancona,
So if a conservative wins power like Mr. Trump did, then you hate him. But you don't hate conservatives so long as we don't win power?

How weak and servile do conservatives have to stay for you to not hate us?

If you want to fix this nasty political chasm, progressives are going to have to accept conservatives even when we win elections.
maxdancona

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 08:44 pm
@oralloy,
Trump is not a normal president. In my opinion, he is an aberration to our democracy.. Trump is far worse, in my opinion, than any president in my lifetime.

I respected George Bush senior. I complimented George Bush junior for a few things (although I was against the war). I disagreed with Reagan, although I respected him.

I am able to say a couple of things where I agree with Trump (I can hate someone, but still say when I believe they are right). For example, I agree with him about free speech for conservatives, particularly on campus. So isn't just that I disagree with him about everything.

However... Trump is fantastically bad (in my opinion) in a couple of ways. He blew up our democratic institutions. He undermined decades of foreign policy. He attacked institutional science. He exacerbated and took advantage of divisions. He did this all in a way that hurt the country in a way that no other president in my lifetime of either party has done.

And then there is the corruption (in my opinion), the constant fighting with courts, the way he continued his business profits during his administration.

Trump has shown a complete lack of respect for basic democratic institutions. I think that is why some people like him. I do not.

In my opinion, Trump was a level of hatred, incompetence and disregard for the good of the country that was far worse than any other president in 100 years.

So don't compare Trump with any other Republican president. You are insulting conservatism.
oralloy

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 08:52 pm
@maxdancona,
Whenever there is a Republican president, progressives automatically say they are the worst ever and the previous Republican presidents weren't so bad.

The next time there is a Republican president who isn't Mr. Trump, progressives will be saying that they are the worst ever and Mr. Trump wasn't so bad.

It was the Democrats who blew up our democratic institutions and exacerbated and took advantage of divisions. Had they been willing to work with Mr. Trump instead of waging total war against him from day one, he would have been willing to work with them and probably would have sided with the Democrats on some issues.
maxdancona

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 09:50 pm
@oralloy,
Again, what you are saying is factually in correct. If fact it is demonstrably untrue with the facts (which I have... but you are making the ridiculous claim, it is your responsibility to provide facts).

Most people on the left consider Nixon to have been much worse than Ford, Reagan or either of the Bushes. I personally know there are many of us on the left who particularly respect George Bush Senior. I suspect it will be a very long time before there is someone worse than Trump.
roger

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 09:56 pm
@maxdancona,

maxdancona wrote:

Trump has shown a complete lack of respect for basic democratic institutions. I think that is why some people like him. I do not.

In my opinion, Trump was a level of hatred, incompetence and disregard for the good of the country that was far worse than any other president in 100 years.

If I could have said that better, I would have. He may have already changed the nature of my country.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 10:17 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Most people on the left consider Nixon to have been much worse than Ford, Reagan or either of the Bushes. I personally know there are many of us on the left who particularly respect George Bush Senior. I suspect it will be a very long time before there is someone worse than Trump.

It's not what progressives were saying about them during their presidencies.

maxdancona wrote:
I suspect it will be a very long time before there is someone worse than Trump.

I am confident that the moment a Republican other than Mr. Trump is elected president, progressives will declare them "the worst ever" and will declare Mr. Trump to be "not so bad".
0 Replies

Real Music

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 01:16 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I personally know there are many of us on the left who particularly respect George Bush Senior.
1. I agree
2. I indeed have respect for George Bush Senior.

Quote:
I suspect it will be a very long time before there is someone worse than Trump.
I agree wholeheartedly.
farmerman

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 09:25 am
@Real Music,
maybe we have to start planning for the next debacle president. By my calculations he or she will be in power in 2185 CE.
oralloy

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 06:12 am
@farmerman,
The next debacle president is going to be Mr. Biden.

The American people are going to challenge and undermine the Biden Administration at every turn.
farmerman

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 09:22 am
@oralloy,
no matter who controls the Senate, there will be no way to foist Fascist "order" onto the country. Biden will have a powerful veto with a slim chance of an override.

POT MEET KETTLE.