Isreal want us TO PAY for THEIR withdrawal

woiyo

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 11:32 am
http://reuters.myway.com/article/20050711/2005-07-11T160003Z_01_N11424130_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-MIDEAST-DC.html

"JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel will ask the United States for $2.2 billion, one of the largest aid requests by the Jewish state, to pay for its planned withdrawal from the occupied Gaza Strip, Israeli political sources said on Monday.

The special funding would be used to pay for the evacuation, slated to begin in mid-August, of all 21 Jewish settlements in Gaza and four of 120 in the West Bank, and the relocation of the 9,000 settlers to underpopulated areas of Israel."

Well, I guess they can ask....but....

ARE THEY NUTS!!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,051 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 12:17 pm
Well, we give them Billions of dollars a year already, so what's a little more?

I HATE the whole situation in Israel today; our support of the situation is reprehensible....

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 01:50 pm
At the risk of being called a nazi, I share your dismay, woiyo. Nobody compensated the Palestinians when their homes were taken to make way for these settlements. Yet we sent them money and manufactured homes to build the settlements, and now we are supposed to pay for the withdrawal from same?!? Didn't they use expansion of the population to justify the settlement activity? Now they suddenly have underpopulated areas where the settlers can go?

It seems to me that they should have to eat this one.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 03:52 pm
Bluddy 'ell.

Almost ANYTHING that might lead to a reasonable settlement there is worth it in my view.

Hell, I'LL pay them - is there a subscription available for we little folk? I will happily pay the Palestinians, too.

An accepted settlement there would do more to lessen terrorism from the islamic world than anything else I can think of....
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 08:28 pm
dlowan wrote:
Bluddy 'ell.

Almost ANYTHING that might lead to a reasonable settlement there is worth it in my view.

Hell, I'LL pay them - is there a subscription available for we little folk? I will happily pay the Palestinians, too.

An accepted settlement there would do more to lessen terrorism from the islamic world than anything else I can think of....

Except for the fact that most of the Arab world want's those in Israel dead.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 08:33 pm
The West, Israel included, could do a lot more to redress their wrongs against the Arabs in Palestine and then, I think, all those Arabs would reconsider their wants.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 08:42 pm
PAY them.

This is significant progress in the pit of all hell.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 09:04 pm
InfraBlue wrote:
The West, Israel included, could do a lot more to redress their wrongs against the Arabs in Palestine and then, I think, all those Arabs would reconsider their wants.

Why does it have to be the west to correct rights? Didn't the arab countries invade Israel twice? The first time for no reason and the second to take back what they lost after the first invasion. When it comes to Israel and the Arabs I think it needs to start the other way around first. The Jews in Israel only tried to start a country and the Arabs didn't like that.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 09:29 pm
There aren't many lobbying enterprises going on in the US which are more powerful and influential than the Israeli lobby (which makes the AIPAC spying case rather interesting). In addition, the neoconservative crowd are tight with Likud - the Iraq project is understandable only with that linkage factored in. Also, the Jewish vote, traditionally going Democrat, is a specific target of the RNC and for all these reasons this administration will hand over the requested moola faster than one can say "not all UN resolutions are equal to other UN resolutions".
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 09:35 pm
And the G-8 just pledged 3B to the Palestinian Authority.

I guess terrorism does pay.

http://www.gulfnews.com/Articles/WorldNF.asp?ArticleID=172169
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 09:36 pm
JustGiggles...you forgot the LOL there.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 07:28 am
JustWonders wrote:
And the G-8 just pledged 3B to the Palestinian Authority.

I guess terrorism does pay.

http://www.gulfnews.com/Articles/WorldNF.asp?ArticleID=172169

Of course, just ask Sharon.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:50 am
And the surviving members of the Irgun and LEHI.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 08:14 am
BBB
bm
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 01:26 am
Baldimo wrote:
Why does it have to be the west to correct rights? Didn't the arab countries invade Israel twice? The first time for no reason and the second to take back what they lost after the first invasion. When it comes to Israel and the Arabs I think it needs to start the other way around first. The Jews in Israel only tried to start a country and the Arabs didn't like that.

I don't know how I missed your response, Baldimo.

The West should redress its wrongs against the Arabs of Palestine because it was the West that infringed upon the rights of the Arabs in Palestine. The Ashkenazi, Westerners, with the backing of Western nations, and influential Westerners expropriated and imposed an ethnocentrically bigoted nation upon the Arabs of Palestine.
0 Replies