juggling family and public life

Reply Fri 9 Oct, 2020 11:42 pm
Does "juggling family and public life" mean " juggling A ball (family) and B ball (public life)"? (You continuously toss A ball and B ball into the air and catch them)

A woman who’s seen as tough or determined, pushing for broad policy changes, or juggling family and public life are not shortcomings for Democrats or Republican voters, the study found. But there is a difference when it comes to running for higher office. Democrats are more supportive of women candidates than Republicans by a 7-point margin, a “significant difference,” the authors say. And Republicans are generally more inclined to support men seeking higher office than women by a 5-point spread — they particularly favor men, but not women, with traits suggesting ambition, like “tough negotiator” and “determined to succeed,” according to the paper.

Source: The Harvard Gazette
https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2020/10/study-finds-american-voters-dont-hate-ambitious-women/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=hu-twitter-general&utm_medium=social
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 618 • Replies: 1

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
PUNKEY
  Selected Answer

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2020 12:56 pm
This kind of “juggling“ means to be trying to handle all these issues at the same time.
0 Replies