Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 08:22 am
woiyo wrote:
Apparently, people in the media and you read and hear, but do not comprehend. Just because he says the date 8 times, does NOT mean there is a direct relationship. The article even SAYS GW did not blame 9-11 of Saddam. So the article post poll results from who knows where showing that 55% DO NOT think Saddam was involved. Which means to me the 45% who DO are ignorant.

Which line are you in?

I've thaught, I didn't comprehend?

(The article is - as said - from 2003, btw. The poll was done in in the United States you know of what.)
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 08:37 am
woiyo wrote:
2. Iraq has NEVER been about 9-11. Iraq ia a war of enforcement and as a RESULT of 9-11, pre-emptive military action was taken to enforce UN Resolutions broken over the past 10 years.

How could the invasion be characterized as enforcing UN resolutions when it was done without UN authorization?
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 06:18 am
Woiyo:

When the last speech addressing the War in Iraq had 6 references to 9/11 and 26 references to terrorism in a 30 minute speech. I certainly think sombody wants us to think it is.

TTF
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 06:25 am
thethinkfactory wrote:
Woiyo:

When the last speech addressing the War in Iraq had 6 references to 9/11 and 26 references to terrorism in a 30 minute speech. I certainly think sombody wants us to think it is.

TTF

Who wants us to think what???

That the Iraq invasion was a direct result of Iraq's participation in 9-11, when every thinking person knows for a fact that there was no direct relationship???

It is known that the invasaion was a pre-emptive attack as a RESULT of 9-11. Given the information we had at that time and based upon the 10 years of non-compliance with the terms of surrender and UN Resolutions, this Govt felt that a clear and present danger existed and eliminated the threat.

The media is twisting the facts.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:04 am
Terms of surrender? When did that war between what nations start?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:09 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Terms of surrender? When did that war between what nations start?

Are you on heavy medication today Walt?

Think about it for a second... Woiyo is discussing the war between the coalition and Iraq... what previous engagement was there in that particular region that might have resulted in one countries surrender?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:16 am
McGentrix wrote:

You could have pointed to my mistake more kindly. But no < sniff, sniff > you even add insult to injury and call me 'Walt'. (treble < sniff, sniff >)

:wink:
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:38 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

You could have pointed to my mistake more kindly. But no < sniff, sniff > you even add insult to injury and call me 'Walt'. (treble < sniff, sniff >)

:wink:

Wasn't meant as an insult. You are usually very insightful and keen in these fora. You seemed a bit off is all... :wink:
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:49 am
I know (that it wasn't thought as an insult, I mean.) :wink:

[A bit off? Have YOU ever tried to install six speakers of a home cinema system, a video recorder/player, a dvd player, a dvd recorder, a cd player, a receiver, an amplifier and a tv (four different brands) .... and get all working ... at once?]
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:50 am
<still waiting patiently for Woiyo to answer my question>
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 08:59 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I know (that it wasn't thought as an insult, I mean.) :wink:

[A bit off? Have YOU ever tried to install six speakers of a home cinema system, a video recorder/player, a dvd player, a dvd recorder, a cd player, a receiver, an amplifier and a tv (four different brands) .... and get all working ... at once?]

You need one of these and a geek to help you.

http://www.remotecentral.com/sony/rmav2000.jpg
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 09:04 am
Thanks, but I'm sooooo used to seven remote controls (besides: that wasn't the problem - I had to cable them, since we got the room renovated (and the cables are now below the parquet ]).

- Sorry for the off-topic -
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 08:06 am
<bump>

(I want to give woiyo one more chance to answer my question before this thread falls off the front page)
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 08:47 am
joefromchicago wrote:
<bump>

(I want to give woiyo one more chance to answer my question before this thread falls off the front page)

Oh..Lookie here!

Well sorry joe, but A2K is NOT my life.

You question is idiotic as the UN does NOT dictate National Security for the US. When a President feels there is a clear and present danger to the National Security due to the failure of a State to adhear to terms of surrender and UN Resolutions, the President is obligated to react.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 09:01 pm
woiyo wrote:
Oh..Lookie here!

Well sorry joe, but A2K is NOT my life.

No doubt, but I was feeling rather spurned when you responded to others but not to me. It was almost as if you were avoiding answering my question.

woiyo wrote:
You question is idiotic as the UN does NOT dictate National Security for the US.

That wasn't my question.

woiyo wrote:
When a President feels there is a clear and present danger to the National Security due to the failure of a State to adhear to terms of surrender and UN Resolutions, the President is obligated to react.

But how can he be carrying out the UN resolution when the UN never authorized the invasion?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 09:21 am
Joe, I believe woiyo is speaking of past resolutions. 1440 and the 600's pertaining to the cease fire in 91. These have given the US administration the legal footing they need to support the war.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 10:28 am
McGentrix wrote:
Joe, I believe woiyo is speaking of past resolutions. 1440 and the 600's pertaining to the cease fire in 91. These have given the US administration the legal footing they need to support the war.

Not even the administration believes that those resolutions gave it the authority to invade Iraq. Why do you?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 10:30 am
Are you sure about that?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 10:44 am
McGentrix wrote:
Are you sure about that?

Show me where the administration has said that it was authorized by the UN to invade Iraq.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 11:21 am
McGentrix wrote:
Are you sure about that?

You aren't? (And of course it will be very interesting to read your answer on Joe's question.)
0 Replies