Was Everything Pre-planned By Very Clever People?

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 10:04 am
Some unkind people believe that EVERYTHING that has happened, since before the President came to office, has been carefully planned and organised in advance by some of the most evil and cunning political monsters on the face of the globe.

From the means by which the election result was GUARANTEED, to the Presidential popularity, the "War on Terrorism, the acquiescence of the American public to the creation of a Police State, the invasion of Afghanistan, right up to the invasion of Iraq, with further conquests to follow. All in perfect series, one step after another and each certain to generate huge rewards for the Administration and their supporters.

For those without morality in powerful positions, expert in media manipulation and with understanding of human mass-reactions in response to certain events and perceived dangers, such things are certainly not beyond mortal abilities to pre-arrange.

But, could it have happened in the most powerful nation on earth and what about whistle-blowers? Certainly the President himself would have been kept in the dark for reasons of deniability.

Consider this incredible scenario, a group of well-educated, intelligent and apparently-civilised men, gathering together in a room one evening to coldly plan the deliberate extermination of an entire race. Impossible? Yet it took place in Germany in the late 1930s and only became known after WW2.

Were all these happenings in recent years just brilliant luck for the Administration and their friends? Are those behind the President much too kindly and benevolent for such unworthy thoughts?

With little more than circumstantial evidence to the contrary, what do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,907 • Replies: 23
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 10:22 am
I think I'll just wait for a few responses, John.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 10:27 am
John Webb- Damned if I know. There is so much "spin" going on, that after awhile you don't know what to believe. I am just going to have to watch and wait. I DO have my theories, but for the moment, I will keep them to myself!
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 02:27 pm
One nation who knows the truth for sure is Israel, who would never have reason to rock their gravy-train, for so long as billions of dollars in aid from U.S. taxpayers via the Administration keeps pouring in.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 02:32 pm
I have extreme doubts regarding the good news show. The US army staff say they captured cities and a wile later fierce fighting breaks out. IMO they only seem to partly control the desert (Misiles still be fired on Kuwait and oil fields not yet declared safe)and some main roads.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 02:37 pm
The US army has lost a lot of credibility. What can we belief of what they say? Iraqi ministers believed dead appear on TV, losses they deny are shown on TV and victories they report are denied by journalists. I am very sceptic of what the US army says and to be honest my first reflex is to treat their messages as 'not true', until i get some confirmation from other sources.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 02:42 pm
John Webb wrote:
One nation who knows the truth for sure is Israel, who would never have reason to rock their gravy-train, for so long as billions of dollars in aid from U.S. taxpayers via the Administration keeps pouring in.

If this war is part of some vast conspiracy, it doesn't appear to be going too smoothly. As for blaming it all on Israel, tread carefully, mon ami. There have been those who love to blame everything on the Jews, including the men who took over Germany in the '30s...
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 03:11 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
If this war is part of some vast conspiracy, it doesn't appear to be going too smoothly. As for blaming it all on Israel, tread carefully, mon ami. There have been those who love to blame everything on the Jews, including the men who took over Germany in the '30s...

Although Israel are obvious beneficiaries from the removal of Saddam, there is little doubt that the true objectives remain OIL and power in the Middle East - possibly as a launching pad for further conquests.

Not going too smoothly? Even Hitler got it wrong when trying to invade Russia.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 12:00 pm
Whatever the truth, you can bet the organ grinders are a heck of a lot smarter than the monkey. :wink:
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 09:27 pm
i can only assume that this is the work of the Black Adder, who has produced yet another "cunning plan"

notice how Rummsfield bears a striking resemblence to Baldric?
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 03:05 am
It is being hinted that the two recent market bombings in Baghdad may have been self-inflicted attacks by the evil Saddam against his own people to generate public support.

This is a scurrilous slur against a leader equal in honor to our own Administration - not unlike suggesting that the Presidential team might have organised 9/11 for the same reason. Shocked
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 05:35 am
PREPLANNED?
Intentionally creating confusion and chaos is a well-known business strategy, AND it doesn't take a genius to carry it off!

Witness: When Intel saw AMD gaining on it's business, it quickly created a whole slew of Pentium chips, dozens of variations that no human being could possibly comprehend all at once. The strategy worked. People didn't know what to buy anymore, so they simply bought what they were told. And although it had superior technology, AMD was forstalled for another year, just by all the razzle dazzle confusion in the marketplace.

If you want to sell something, create a lot of confusion and distress first. Now, I'm not claiming the U.S. is doing this with their foreign policy. But read this article about hawks flushing game-birds, and then consider the possibility.

Every company I've worked for has engaged in some pretty severe and ruthless power-grabbing strategies, flat ignoring the law unless it cost them too much. Business development is a VERY creative field!

Does anyone in our government have a background in business?
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 06:03 pm
I was about to go for the Josh Marshall article, CodeBorg, when I saw you'd posted the link. Thanks! Yes, I think a "master plan" is a possibility. I'm pretty sure the Iraq invasion is a prelude, not an end in itself. I think the US's treatment of the UN has tempted the righties for a long time. The "lucky" arms supply from Syria is very probably another piece of the action. Certainly among those of us who watched the 2000 election intently -- and I mean intently -- "plan" doesn't begin to describe the actions of the Bush gang.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 06:12 pm
Can you imagine how many political scientists with PhD's have worked on all this? It's mind boggling. Probably some stuff we'll never learn about many years after the facts. c.i.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 06:34 pm
John<

I can only assume from the title of your post that you think Dubya is clever.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 06:40 pm
I think Dubya has many clever people surrounding him, but he's dragging everybody down to his own level of incompetence. c.i.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 06:45 pm
I'm reaching the stage where it's becoming almost impossible to watch, listen or read the lastest pronouncements from Washington. It's excruciatingly inept & painful to experience.
Whoever wrote this script has really stuffed up ... badly.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 06:46 pm
Arrow Valid point, c.i.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 10:31 pm
Speaking of the latest pronouncements from D.C., does anybody ever watch Rumsfeld's news conferences? I'm beginning to think the man is clinically insane. If we judge people by the standard of how they behave in certain situations (such as laughing at a funeral), he may be. He giggles at the weirdest times. Of course, the press core yuks it up with him. What a pathetic spectacle they all are...
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 11:17 pm
D'art -- what's it like, taking a shower with all those feathers on?
0 Replies