Donny and Milania test positive for Covid 19

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2020 11:14 pm
Reported by the NYT.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/02/us/politics/trump-positive-coronavirus.html

Trump Tests Positive for the Coronavirus

The president’s result came after he spent months playing down the severity of the outbreak that has killed more than 207,000 in the United States and hours after insisting that “the end of the pandemic is in sight.”

That's a hell of a way to duck out of the next debate.

lmur

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2020 11:52 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Cross-species contamination was always the worry. Lock up your pigs.
0 Replies

FreedomEyeLove

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2020 11:57 pm
Awe, Bob, you came back to grace us with your sock puppets again.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2020 03:56 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I woke up to this news. I am having trouble figuring out how to feel about this. It seems right.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2020 04:17 am
Quote:
Hicks tested negative on Wednesday before she boarded Air Force 1 with the president and most of his closest advisers, but developed symptoms during the day. A second test on Thursday morning was positive. According to CNBC, those on Air Force 1 on Wednesday were White House chief of staff Mark Meadows; national security advisor Robert O’Brien; Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani; White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany; Ivanka; Jared Kushner; Donald Jr.; Eric; Donald Jr’s girlfriend Kimberly Guilfoyle; Eric’s wife Lara; Tiffany; campaign manager Bill Stepien; campaign official Jason Miller; White House social media director Dan Scavino; White House counselor Derek Lyons; political advisor Stephen Miller; Representative Jim Jordan, (R-Ohio), and Alice Marie Johnson, the criminal justice reform advocate Trump pardoned.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2020 04:30 am
Quote:
White House officials knew Hicks tested positive —
but Trump still traveled for a fundraiser

As the nation reacts to the news of Donald and Melania’s coronavirus diagnoses,
some are also raising questions about the administration’s handling of the situation
after top Trump aide Hope Hicks confirmed that she had tested positive.

A small group of White House officials knew by Thursday morning that Hicks had
contracted Covid-19, according to CNN Correspondent Kaitlan Collins — but Trump
still took a trip to New Jersey for a fundraiser, and press secretary Kayleigh McEnany
still held a news briefing at the White House on Thursday.

McEnany didn't wear a mask at the briefing, and made no mention of Hicks' diagnosis
to reporters in the room, Collins said.

"So the question is going to be for the White House, why did the President still go to
New Jersey, knowing that he could potentially put these people at risk, these donors
and fund raisers? And of course, why did the press secretary still hold a briefing despite
knowing she had come into contact with somebody who had just tested positive for
coronavirus?" Collins said.

"She didn't even tell us. Didn't even tell reporters who were on the plane. And there
are going to be serious questions about the White House keeping that information not
just from the reporters in the room but also from the American people about the state
of the health of the President and the people that he potentially came into contact with."
(cnn)
farmerman

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2020 04:54 am
@Region Philbis,
I have possibly lost 25$ in a bet that I have with a friend. He bet me that Trump would test positive and come down with covid before the election and that Pence would be the nominee .Actually it was a lunch for 25$ at PF Chang's, but Ive sinc had a negative reappraisal of Chang's food. Ever since Con Agra bought them out their food has really tanked.
So I hope Trump doesnt start showing symptoms. Hes been taking HCQ hasnt he??
maxdancona

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2020 06:50 am
The word of the day

Karmaga: (n) Karma that makes America great again.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2020 07:28 am
@bobsal u1553115,
From Australia:

https://i.imgur.com/1506rwn.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2020 07:46 am
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2020 08:26 am
Gee, did you hear what Michelle Obama said?

Quote:
I’m working like—my ass off—on Christmas stuff, you know? Who gives a f--k about Christmas stuff and decorations? But I need to do it, right?

Good thing she's not living there anymore. How un-American! How un-First Lady-like! How leftist — pursuing a war on X-mas!
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2020 09:06 am
@hightor,
I knooooow ... not at all something like what the current FLotus would say ... what? .... noooooooooooooooo .... say it ain't so!!!!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2020 09:07 am

RNC chairwoman Ronna McDaniel tests positive for coronavirus
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2020 09:16 am
@Region Philbis,
Jeez. Time to change party affiliation!
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2020 09:17 am
Vice President Mike Pence and Karen Pence test negative for coronavirus, spokesman says
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/02/politics/pence-coronavirus/index.html
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2020 09:21 am
While I hope the President has a speedy recovery, I do worry that if he comes through this with minimal symptoms, he will go out there and say "it's the same as a cold, why did we stop the economy for this???" It seems like we are just starting to get critical mass on getting this thing under control and I think it would be a massive setback if the administration's message gets any more conflicted.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2020 09:26 am
@engineer,
My exact concern. I want him to have it just bad enough to realize what it is.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2020 09:44 am
Joe Biden on Twitter:
Quote:
Jill and I send our thoughts to President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump for a swift recovery. We will continue to pray for the health and safety of the president and his family.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1312010736604979201
maxdancona

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2020 09:50 am
@engineer,
I do not hope Trump has a speedy recovery. But I am neither a good person, nor am I running for public office. Not only does Trump deserve to suffer (and I fully admit that I am a bad person for saying this)..
but having Trump hospitalized is honestly what I believe would be best for the country.

I do hope Trump recovers after being put on a ventilator and losing the election.

I realized I said "be best" ironically after I typed it. I do wish Melania a speedy recovery.

0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2020 10:33 am
Biden on Twitter
Quote:
I’m happy to report that Jill and I have tested negative for COVID. Thank you to everyone for your messages of concern. I hope this serves as a reminder: wear a mask, keep social distance, and wash your hands.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1312065485400346625?s=19