Age Gap - Older woman younger men

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2020 02:02 pm
Hi,
1 week ago, I just become 25 years old and in these days, I'm talking with a boy who is 18 years old.
He really wants to date with me. First I refused because of the age gap but in time, I also started to like him. But I'm still confused. I couldnt give him a straigth answer.
In my country, girls start to get married in my ages and my family also wants me to get married before 30's. And I'm a kind of a religious person who tries to keep her distance with men. So, if I am gonna date with him, I will have to wait for years and years to get things serious like marriage and every other thing.

I mean he just become 18 and people are not mature and stable in their thoughts before (minimum) 20's. I also think about whether he is gonna regret it dating a older woman in time or not.

Is there anyone who has a younger male partner? What are your thoughts about this situation?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 892 • Replies: 5
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2020 02:18 pm
@sesesese,
I am not sure I understand the question.

When someone is 18 and in a relationship.

1) They want sex.
2) They aren't ready to commit to marriage.

I don't think it is realistic for you to ask an 18 year old to wait for years without sex.

sesesese

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2020 02:25 pm
@maxdancona,
Its quiet normal here not to have sex before marriage so its normal here. People kiss, flirt but most of the time wait sex until marriage. So he will also wait i know him, but we will have to wait a lot Smile
maxdancona

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2020 02:40 pm
@sesesese,
To be honest, I am skeptical about this...

Sex is part of human nature. There is a very strong sex drive (particularly for men). In traditional countries where sex before marriage is forbidden, there is always a very strong market in prostitution.

In traditional cultures... a prohibition of sex before marriage makes sense when people marry at 15 or 16. In traditional cultures... this is generally what happened.

But now we are asking human being to not marry until they are in their mid to late 20's. This doesn't make sense.

I am going to bet that even in your culture.. most unmarried people over 20 are having sex. I am basing this on the fact that you are human beings, and sex drive is part of our nature. If people are very religious, it is possible for them to abstain... although it is difficult. But even then, I think most people end up having sex.

Just because no one talks about it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2020 02:58 pm
@sesesese,
sesesese wrote:

Its quiet normal here not to have sex before marriage so its normal here. People kiss, flirt but most of the time wait sex until marriage. So he will also wait i know him, but we will have to wait a lot Smile

To answer the question directly... In any relationship, you should be honest about what each person wants from the relationship, and what each person expects.

In my relationship, sex is rather important. I am completely willing to be monogamous... I am not willing to be abstinent. Our agreement (which we talk about openly) we will have sex with each other. We won't have sex with anyone else. We are both happy with this arrangement.

In this relationship you are proposing... this 18 year old man will not have sex with you, but promises not to have sex with anyone else for some unknown number of years.

What I don't understand is... why would he do this?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2020 04:28 pm
@sesesese,
Why not find someone who is more your age? 7 years age difference at that stage of life is a lot of difference in maturity no matter which culture. At 18 he’s not had the chance to mature to the level of a 25-yr-old woman.
0 Replies