How can I express how much I love my friend?

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 03:02 am
We say “I love you” to each other so often that it doesn’t have the same impact anymore. I’ve tried to pour my heart out to her many times, but it just never feels like it’s enough to express how much I love her. We live too far away for me to give her gifts or do anything special for her, so I’m at a loss of what to do. She means the world to me and she fills my life with light and warmth and sunshine, so I want to make her feel the same happiness. What can I do or say to show how important she is to me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,115 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 03:15 am
@Virimirii,
Why not move near her? Is that impossible?
0 Replies

Teufel

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 03:20 am
@Virimirii,
Quote:
We live too far away for me to give her gifts or do anything special for her.

Does she live off the grid in a Yurt?

Amazon do a good line in all sorts which you can have wrapped by them as a gift with a message .... You could easily phone a florists near where she lives and get flowers delivered ... You can book her a day at a Health Spa.

Or you could move. Or she could move. Or you could both move to somewhere entirely new which is the best idea.

Personally I never understand people who say they are 'in love' but cannot be with their beau ... If you are really in love then in my world nothing will stop you being with that person.

To make her feel loved: Take an actual interest in her life, what she does, what she likes, remember her birthday and do not talk endlessly about some boring crap you like. Tell her how beautiful she is INSIDE & out, that she is the most amazing person you have ever met.

When I met my wife we lived 3 countries apart ... two weeks later I lived with her ... 5 months later we had moved to an entirely different country, 30 years later we have two adult children who are both doctors (like their mother) and we continue to love each other more each day.

My wife is truly beautiful and stunning in all ways. Every single day she 'wows' me several times with her intelligence, her instincts and abilities ... Be it a discourse we have or prose she has written on psychology or criminology, or something she has cooked or indeed that she has fixed the washing machine or put up a shelf.

Gifts are nice ... but anyone can buy gifts ... My greatest privilege in life is my ability to look after and care for my wife ... No one else can do that.

0 Replies

Stacey the red baron

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2020 05:40 pm
@Virimirii,
You can send her with cheap flowers from an online spam site.

Unless when you say...
Quote:
We live too far away for me to give her gifts

you mean either one of you lives in a Martian colony. Then just send her a spammy email.
0 Replies