Make Your Judgements.. This is the current state of affairs.

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 01:21 am
1.) Saddam Hussein's political goals:

He was born in Tikrit, Iraq. He joined the Baarth Party, as a "physical punisher", when he left school. His duty was to threaten political enemies and to recruit new members. He was never seen as a philosophical politician. Saddam can not be defined as left- or right wing, he is following only his own political agenda. Hussein only cares about his position in history and the domination of his country in the region. His "Tikrit Clan"rules the whole country. He implemented 5 different secret services, which control the whole nation. All major political positions are occupied with his relatives, sons, sons in law and cousins.

Fellatio.

The Iraqi people hate him. He threatens the minorities in his country and political opposition is mostly dead, before it even started.

The people of other Arabic countries love him. He is the one who doesn't bow before the USA. He gives them self-esteem and feeds their hunger for "justice".

Justice, because the US supports "America-friendly-regimes" in that region. String puppets of the US that keep their population like slaves. Hyper rich families who rule the countries with iron fists and keep the people poor and uneducated. Look at Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, and other Emirates.

Those people would love the US. If they had been freed, but the US Government only cares about the political and financial support from the governments and send thousands of soldiers to protect them. The Al Saud family in Saudi Arabia would not live anymore, if the US-Army would not show presence there.

2.) George W. Bush's political goals:

First of all, it is a "father-son conflict". I don't think it is about Saddam insulting his father in the first golf war. His father did not march into Bagdad, because he realised, that Saddam is the only one, who is able to rule that nation. If he had been removed, the region would fall into pieces. His son, George W. thinks, that he can solve this problem. It would make him greater than his father. Then there is the control over oil. Some say it would be cheaper to buy the oil. This may be true, but to buy oil, you need somebody who sells it to you. The US needs to control the oil production on this planet. They control Saudi Arabia, and by controlling Iraq, the US would be able to have the next string puppet, the OPEC, any by that, America would rule the oil prices for decades. Next point is the public revenge. The US was not able to catch Bin Laden. The attacks on America in the last years, are a new dimension of terror and war. For Centuries, there was no war inside the US. The US population was praising their armed heroes because they never experienced, what WAR really means. They only saw it on TV. Now, they get a glimpse of what happens, when one gets attacked. Bush needs revenge. Bin Laden kicked Uncle Sam's ass and he can not be caught, so Bush needs a substitute terrorist to rip him in pieces. Everybody knows, that Saddam is not connected to Bin Laden in any way. They are like fire and water and Saddam is exactly that kind of guy, Bin Laden is fighting against, but the US needed some good points to go to war against him. Saddam remained quiet for the last 12 years, so the propaganda started about one year ago. The US Government puzzled a story, aimed for the day, when the war will begin. What he did not expect, was the resistance of some allies, like Germany and France. Bush wanted to use the UN to make his attack legal, but he failed. Nevertheless he attacked Iraq, and by definition, this is a crime. It is not a surprise, that Bush does not give a rat's ass about that.

3.) The assumed result of this war.

Saddam Hussein will die in this war. The US will leave alot of soldiers in the "country" to preserve peace. An America-friendly regime will be installed. Muslim groups will use the American presence there to commit terroristic attacks. Al Quaida and other groups already sent about 2500 "civilians"to Iraq, who will use car-bombs and other things against the US troops there. The Curds in the north will try to get an independent nation. Turkey will invade the north and try to keep them down. This will bring up a serious internal NATO conflict. The population will experience many many restrictions because of the situation. This will destroy their dream of being saved from Saddam and will rise up the hate against the US. The extreme Muslim groups will get thousands of new followers and the conflict will become bigger and bigger. The rest will be shown by future.

This is the way things are. Not my opinion.

ARE.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,168 • Replies: 13
No top replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 01:57 am
Soooo, I'm just wondering... I can see what you're telling us, stating the obvious, but what has oral-sex to do with this ****?
0 Replies

preinfixed

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 02:02 am
nothing wrong with a sprinkle of fellatio here and there.

Call it subliminal debate theory.

:O
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 02:29 am
Quote:
This is the way things are. Not my opinion.

Without an opinion, or a view at least, there cannot be a word to be uttered.
0 Replies

preinfixed

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 02:46 am
a construction of facts do not become an opinion.

whether I have accented a particular point of view is another issue.

If it rains out, and I say it has rained, is this merely my opinion on the matter?

If so, then opinion, according to your standards, can be just as much fact as fact being fact.

do you draw any line?
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 02:47 am
"The Iraqi people hate him" True (for some groups in the country), but they hate the US army even more. There is a chance that after they dealt with the US army they will go after Saddam. But for now the main goal is get the coalition forces out of the country. Ofcourse you see chanting and dancing on the streets. But how would you react when a foreign army, armed to the extreme, occupies you village. The last thing you want to do is upset them. There are also some people genuine happy with this invasion. Even in the second WW a lot of people were happy when the Germans invaded. After the war they were called colaborators and were hunt down, hanged, killed and imprisoned.
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 02:52 am
preinfixed wrote:
a construction of facts do not become an opinion.

Without an opinion or a view, at least, there cannot be a meaningful fact.
0 Replies

preinfixed

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 02:55 am
the meaning we draw from facts are what creates an arguement or debate.

objectivity has no meaning or view.

just there to create a platform for such.
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 03:04 am
I am very sorry, you are too naive about what fact is.
0 Replies

preinfixed

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 03:10 am
either that or you are too diluted to see it's simplicity.
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 03:15 am
In a sense, I am cooled-out about the situation, and I think you merely stated your point of view.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 05:03 am
preinfixed, I venture to opine you do seem to pose opinion as fact ... but then, that's just my opinion, and I'm as welcome to it as you are to yours.

Please do mind your manners, though, and try to remain within the the Terms of Service should you choose to air your opinions on this website. In case you missed them, here's the link again:

http://www.able2know.com/disclaimer.php
0 Replies

preinfixed

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 11:28 am
fair enough
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 11:42 am
Breaking news: This conflict is spreading: Buses of Syrian volunteers reportedly set off to fight alongside Iraqi forces.

Dont know how many. But remember, The Afghans were rather succesfull in getting international Arab support for their Jihad against the Russians. Many came over to fight.
0 Replies