major incident in London

McTag

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 02:45 pm
Thank you, milord. It ill behooves such as I to instruct her ladyship wherein her duty lies. I trust the presumption will be forgiven on this occasion.

Another piece of advice, if I may: perhaps the tractor and the ploughed field are sufficient in themselves, without additional encumbrance of the weights. If all else fails however, the National Trust have expert staff dedicated to saving the stately nuts of Old England.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 03:54 pm
As a large portion of the UK A2K contingent read this thread, this may be of great interest............

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55443
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 06:10 pm
Lord E, it is a relief knowing that her ladyship is familiar with all your angles and nuts. I bet she knows just what to do with them, much to your delight and, most likely, gratitude. No 'Close Your Eyes and Think of England' in your household.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 10:25 pm
Quote:
London bombers 'were all British'

Detectives now believe the London bombings were carried out by four British-born men in what were possibly the country's first suicide attacks.
Security sources said it was likely at least three of the men, said to be of Pakistani descent, are dead, after belongings were found at the scenes

Full article
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 12:27 am
I do hope that this won't developed further as well:

Quote:
Calls for calm as fear of severe backlash grows
[...]
The Guardian has learned that since Thursday's bombings police have recorded 300 hate crime incidents, including the killing of a man in Nottingham after anti-Muslim abuse was shouted at him.

Source

Quote:
The Metropolitan Police promised to crack down on anyone involved in racist "revenge" attacks. Deputy Assistant Commissioner Brian Paddick said there had been several attacks on Asians in the capital since the bombings.

He said: "We need people from every community to report incidents to the police of any faith-hate crime and any other hate crime. Police will deal with these offences robustly. We will not tolerate a small minority of people who are using these tragic events to stir up hatred.

"Londoners are not attacking each other. They are being united by this terrible tragedy and we need to make sure we all stick together."
Source
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 03:11 am
The subtle backlash against people of south asian orgin had started on the day of the bombing itself. It is going to get more pronounced now. Not that I blame anyone - these are the sign of times where we live in a world where events teach us to mistrust anyone who does not look like us.

Sad, but true.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 08:00 am
I dont hate muslims. I feel sorry for them. I hate some things some muslims do, and more I hate the belief system that inspires them to do it.

But fortunately there is a solution at hand. A new 'hatred of religion' law will make such statements (as mine above) illegal.

So while I will face maximum 7 years gaol for expressing my contempt of Islamist philosophy, the mullahs and imans will be free to spread their poison to the gullible in the name of religion.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 09:30 am
In the context of "know thy enemy", you may want to read the closing statement of Mohammed B., the Islamist murderer of Theo van Gogh (the Dutch filmmaker), at the end of his court case yesterday... will send a chill down your spine.

'If it had been my father I would have done the same thing'
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 10:07 am
I think there will now be a thorough revision, in Britain at least, of what young lads can get up to when they go to Pakistan for "religious instruction".

Why should they anyway? We've got plenty if muslim foundations, churches and colleges, here.

Hopefully the Pak authorities can do a bit of housekeeping at home. Some allies, if they don't.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 10:16 am
McT, I was thinking the same thing: it's going to depend on the other Muslims in the UK to make sure that they work to eliminate future atrocities from their communities. I don't think anybody with a family can hide explosives in their home without somebody knowing about it. Where can they get explosives in the UK?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 01:00 pm
McTag wrote:
I think there will now be a thorough revision, in Britain at least, of what young lads can get up to when they go to Pakistan for "religious instruction".

Why should they anyway? We've got plenty if muslim foundations, churches and colleges, here.

Hopefully the Pak authorities can do a bit of housekeeping at home. Some allies, if they don't.

I just want to ask: how do you think it can be supervised what who (British citizen or any other) learns/is taught outside his/her native country?

By traffic restrictions (like USA > Cuba, GDR > Federal Republic of Germany)?

What about pilgrimages to foreign countries? Only allowed when program is checked before and result papers afterwards?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 01:30 pm
John Stevens estimates "up to" 3000 British muslims have been radicalised in Afghanistan or Pakistan.

Tony Blair "has been told" that 200 are potential suicide bombers, of which 50 are ready to act now.

The knowledge that these bombers were British citizens has had a profound psychological effect here in the UK. I expect unprecedented measures regarding freedom of speech, travel, surveillance etc.

No question that Muslims travelling to Pakistan will be watched very carefully. The world changed on 9/11 but Britain changed on 7/7
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 01:47 pm
Steve, The worst thing that the Brits can do now is to start restricting freedoms. If we begin to implement measures to limit our freedoms, the terrorists have won.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 01:53 pm
Well, c.i., I do believe that freedoms not only can but should be restricted, when someone is using them against the constitution of his country.

This is a very difficult topic, and espeically Germany had lost some 'reputation' because we did and do so.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 01:54 pm
I see the logic ci

But haven't the terrorists won already?

Freedom of speech and association are nothing if we have already lost the fundamental freedom of common security.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 03:10 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
McTag wrote:

I just want to ask: how do you think it can be supervised what who (British citizen or any other) learns/is taught outside his/her native country?

By traffic restrictions (like USA > Cuba, GDR > Federal Republic of Germany)?

What about pilgrimages to foreign countries? Only allowed when program is checked before and result papers afterwards?

I'm saying: young males are going abroad (without their families?) to "religious" instruction. It's pretty clear their families have no real handle on what is being taught there. Mainstream muslin opinion in this country is against violence (and will be more so, now they see what has happened to the community and the families in Leeds)
Those who have been, should be interviewed and debriefed by authorites competent to do so. Those who want to go, should justify this. The places they are going should be checked. The people who are teaching them should be vetted. If they are preaching jihad, suicide and violence, they should be confronted. If they will not stop, they should be stopped.
Otherwise, we will have to employ Plan B and bomb Leeds, Coventry and Birmingham. Rolling Eyes
One thing's for sure, "we are where we are", and we need a solution, quickly. Part of the solution is to get ALL the people onside, and isolate the troublemakers.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 03:36 pm
Have you seen this poxy thread?

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55489

I am afraid I have been having a rant......
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 03:53 pm
The most recent terrorist bombing in Iraq killed many children. What sort of control of freedom will prevent such from happening? Suicide bombers have no regard for anybody. They kill anybody at will - restricting freedoms will not prevent this from happening. We need better ways to fight terrorism and terrorists.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 10:37 pm
All the countries in the EU will join the UK in a two-minute silence to remember victims of the London attacks at 1200 BST today.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 02:14 am
ci

The report I heard of the bomb in Iraq that killed all the children stated categorically that the driver must have seen them all congregating around the US soldiers.

These people glory in death. They believe they are doing the will of Allah by killing innocents, and the more the better.
0 Replies