0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 06:58 am
@Lordyaswas,

I won't forget it. It's my birthday.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 07:03 am
@McTag,
Well, thanks even more for going out of your way on such a special day to tell me what you thought of all this, McTag.

Happy Birthday.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 07:19 am
@Lordyaswas,
Good to hear, re the train horns.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 11:41 am
@Lordyaswas,

Thank you.

I thought it was damned inconsiderate of the perps to choose this day of all days for their deed.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 04:04 pm
@McTag,
I can't comment on media coverage in the UK, but I think rituals and ceremonies can assist in the healing of some traumatised by such awful events.

Goodness only knows how people heal from the horrors of Isil, boko haram and all the wars and drone strikes and wars on terror.
McTag

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2015 02:11 am
@dlowan,
Well I'm not at all sure about the thinking behind the BBC coverage and all the political posturing that goes on. Prominent politicians are supposed to lead the nation, not follow the admass. I'm thinking of the Tunisia murders recently. A radicalised nutter with an automatic rifle runs amuk on a beach, killing dozens, bad enough you might think. Then a cabinet minister goes and stands on the beach glumly, great publicity for the ISIL cause, and David Cameron makes goodness knows how many portentous statements about terrorist threats and how we will fight and never let our way of life be affected.
I think we're doing their job for them. This is the country that let Abu Hamza preach in the street for months outside Finsbury Park Mosque, keeping the situation under review no doubt. Which means they haven't got any useful idea how to deal with militant Islam.

Then we have the memorial service with the candles and the counselling.
McTag

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 04:05 pm
@McTag,

Quote:
I think we're doing their job for them

Another masterstroke today. We remove the major source of income from the most promising democracy arising from the Arab Spring. We spread unrest, panic, and instability, just as ISIL would want us to.
Pillocks.
0 Replies