The JillyBean visits Albuquerque

ehBeth

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 10:13 am
sozobe wrote:
Attention! All A2K gatherers! THAT's how the post-gathering recap is DONE! ^^^^^^^^^

Hello - you've been a 'gatherer' - how was YOUR recap Cool ?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 10:15 am
Not as good as Shewolf's. :-D
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 10:33 am
Big evil grin indeed. Yes, please do email them. I know I'll enjoy them in private.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 12:30 pm
Diane wrote:

I think we might be Jillybean's official "extra" grandparents now. It is an honor and a joy.

Lets edit this post -

Diane wrote:

I think we ARE Jillybean's 'official' grandparents now. It is an honor and a joy.

:-)

There. Better.

Quote:

Dys and Jillybean have a "thing." What it amounts to really is that Dys is totally captivated with her. She sees a gentle man with a wonderful beard who will let her sit on his lap and talk. Jilly gets her talkativeness from, guess who--her MOM.

WHO me? Talkative?
PPbbtthhh.. no way. Neither is bean. Are you sure you are talking about the same people here? Laughing
Captivated is an understatement. I think he would let a complete stranger into the house if they were carrying that little girl. He blanks out to the world when she is around.

Quote:
I hope they have become unscrunched by now.

I think I came out of the truck skinnier then i went in!
Kinda nice. Until it all falls back into place that is. Then I feel sorry for who ever is standing next to me at the time.. ha!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 12:38 pm
sozobe wrote:

How'd the trip go in general? How'd Jillybean do in the car?

Jillian was fab!!
I modified your sticker suggestion given how much she still enjoys putting things in her mouth...
I took a roll of scotch tape. Laughing
Put someon her feet, between her toes, down her leg etc.
BINGO! Great attention getter. And it made her have to bend and fold to reach it wich also helped her with being in a seated position for so long.

The new toys were quickly referred to as " the big guns" .
When she was just about at her wits end ( close to the end of the trip )
we pulled one out and she was fine. ;-)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 12:56 pm
Wonderful! Beautiful!
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 01:23 pm
fabulous... splendid!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 08:34 am
i think it is time to plan another trip...
im bored here in austin already...
;-)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:07 am
Move already!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 11:52 am
Yeah, shewolfnm, Dys is oblivious to everything but Jillybean. He will make a wonderful grandfather for her and I will take my turn whenever he's willing to let her go.

Soz has the right idea! Just do it.

And yes, you and the bean are almost stream of consciousness talkers. Very funny, sort of touching, not to say you are touched (in the head). :wink:
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 02:33 pm
Laughing

One of my main goals for the trip to NM was to get a bee in Ian's bonnet about MOVING.
Austin has alot to offer, but more then we can handle. Living expences are horrible and we are pretty much alone here. All of our family/friends are in NM.
Him and I are looking at some realestate companies that 'offer' mountain property:?
Not too sure how I feel about these companies. BUT it is giving us a good idea as to how much it would take to live/move there.
Mom offered to help him with a job at Intel. Of course, he would hate it , but it would make a good paying starter job until he found what he really likes. As for me, it would be easy for me to take up in-home nursing care in Albq. Alot of my former employers turned friends are there as well. Simple background check , license renewal and Im off!

pipe dreams aside..
A vacation will happen sooner then a move. >sigh< ha
0 Replies