Open Market

tintin

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 11:42 am
here is a statement which is very much difficult to percept.

"...Variable reserve rates and open Market Operations are instruments of Monetary policy..."

i understood nothing, completely zero. what is variable reserve rates and open Market operation ? what this statement implies ?

can you please explain in simple words (may be with example)? i dont know what is variable reserve rates , open Market Operation means. i want to unravel the meaning of this statement.

thank you
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 557 • Replies: 3
No top replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 12:01 pm
Perhaps it is time for tintin to discover the other forums at Able2Know besides the politics forum. Like, for instance, the ones that more directly deal with these kinds of questions.
0 Replies

tintin

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 12:13 pm
sir,i did not found here any economics sub forum. i understand its a littile bit off topic but i thought may be some of you are politician and may be involved in your country's affairs , and politician can do wonders Smile so may be these kinds of things some of you know. so i posted.

i understand your concern. thanks for the response. do you think my question is absurd and no validity ?
0 Replies

tintin

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 12:16 pm
i am not sure which sub forum it may fit . if its creating trouble here , i attract the attention of the moderator to move my post to the appropriate sub forum.
thank you
0 Replies