Exhibit on Real Body Parts

Linkat

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 11:18 am
In Chicago at the Museum of Science and Industry, they have an exhibit featuring more than 200 authentic human specimens. This includes entire bodies as well as individual organs and transparent body slices.

On display is a man considering his next chess move with, his brain exposed to demonstrate how his body is working. There is also an athlete holding a torch high above his head to show the human digestive tract and a family made entirely of only their veins and arteries. Brightly colored organs, bones and tissues, both healthy and unhealthy, complement these full-body specimens.
One part of the exhibit is sectioned off with floor-to-ceiling white sheets to cover the fetal development display. It follows development from the zygote stage all the way through to an 8-month-old fetus. The final stage of gestation is shown through a pregnant woman reclining with the fetus inside of her. The sign outside explains that the woman donated her body when she knew that her illness would eventually take her life.
Get there now as the exhibit ends in September.
Curious as to if anyone has viewed this exhibit and their thoughts? Seems a bit repulsive to me, but I cannot stand the sight of blood.
http://www.msichicago.org/bodyworlds/index.html
http://www.ccchronicle.com/paper/citybeat.php?id=881
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 827 • Replies: 0
No top replies