What is your favorite Ennio Morricone score?

chai2

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2020 02:51 pm
@tsarstepan,
Or, he can just keep naming musical scores and ask you if Morricone wrote it.

That would be interesting.

ps3 engine? Play Station?

Have an ok day tsar. It's all we can ask for.
0 Replies

InfraBlue
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2020 03:08 pm
@tsarstepan,
This thread's already been done.

https://able2know.org/topic/549937-1#post-7034191
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2020 07:52 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

This thread's already been done.

https://able2know.org/topic/549937-1#post-7034191

Not blaming you but tagging exists for a reason. Looked for the appropriate tags and well... none were found.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 07:23 am
@tsarstepan,
I can't access Wiki anymore. PS3 Browser = Blank screen - Top left corner 'PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED'

That's why I Ask.

Remember before the internet - People Asked questions?
Great times! That's where I'm Staying.

Have a Lovely day
hingehead

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2020 06:37 am
@mark noble,
Complaining about the internet because you're using the PS3 browser is like complaining about books because they're written in hieroglyphics.
chai2

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2020 09:50 am
@hingehead,
Hey hingehead, let me ask you....
When he says PS3 broswer, does he mean play station 3?

I googled that, and sound something from 2008.

Couldn't he just upgrade to Chrome for free?

Could you please quote me when you answer this, since he apparantly reads you, but not me.

I'm wondering how you function on the internet with something that doesn't allow you to click links, go to wiki, etc. What exactly Does his computer do?

Besides of course, somehow being able to still access this site. What's going to happen when access is denied here?
Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2020 12:25 pm
@chai2,
It means the internet browser on the Playstation 3 game console.

If it is similar to the browser on the Xbox game console, then that means the PS3 browser is limited on what it can view, and that there is no way to upgrade to a new browser on the PS3. Only the default browser is available.
chai2

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2020 12:36 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Thank Rebel
Didn't know that.

I don't have a playstation or Xbox.
Not my thing, playing computer games.

So it would seem it wouldn't be a really common thing, as it sounds (to me) basically useless?

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2020 12:55 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

I don't have a playstation or Xbox.
Not my thing, playing computer games.

So it would seem it wouldn't be a really common thing, as it sounds (to me) basically useless?

Kind of technologically out of touch. Many people use/used Playstation for watching DVDs, BluRays, and as streaming devices like the Roku or Apple TV. As far as we know, Mark may not even play games on his PS3. He could have gotten it really cheap and for these purposes only.
chai2

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2020 01:33 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

As far as we know, Mark may not even play games on his PS3. He could have gotten it really cheap and for these purposes only.

Yes. That's exactly what I was thinking. Or that he was given a used or old one for free. Or even given a new one years back.

If Mark chooses to read any of this, I don't want him, or anyone for that matter, to get me wrong.

I'm all about making optimum use of what you have, not running out and buying the latest thing for the sake of spending money, etc.

However Mark, if you can't even click on those "blue things", which are called links, you quite frankly don't even have what most people would consider a computer. It's really just a old, non running car up on blocks in your weed covered back yard.

Pretty much how people navigate around the internet is through links, so if you can't even access that, how are you finding or doing anything.

And don't go with that "I'm asking questions. Remember that?"
People have been helpful to you over time answering questions, trying to supply information, etc.

But, if you think you can just, for instance, start naming movie after movie asking if a particular person wrote the score, like We're your personal internet, think again.

I don't know your financial position, if you can afford, not an expensive brand new system, but just a modest workable computer. But you can't really think that how you're going about it works. It does not.

At least go to the library, where they would have computers for you to use for free, for a block of time.

But don't put on like it's useful to have a 95% non functional machine, but expect to be able to make it function.

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2020 08:16 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

At least go to the library, where they would have computers for you to use for free, for a block of time.

Umm.... Active pandemic happening now. How many libraries are open these days? I can tell you that the entirety of the NYPL is closed. As well as the Brooklyn Public Library.
chai2

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2020 08:32 pm
@tsarstepan,
Yeah. You’re right there. I went to return some audio books and one was so big it wouldn’t fit in the slot. Had to go to another branch where I remembered they had a big wide mouth box.

Still you take my point.

If all he wants to do is surf the next, he can get a refurbished iPad for a little over $100.
Sturgis

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2020 12:04 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
...the entirety of the NYPL is closed. As well as Brooklyn...

Sort of.
The system began openings on July 13 in some branches. They are going with a "grab and go" thing for now. This applies for all, including Brooklyn (see the second link)
Make book requests online, then show up at a specific place in The branch, wear mask, leave proper distancing and exit immediately.
For the NYPL ---
www.boweryboogie.com/2020/07/the-new-york-public-library-system-begins-reopening-with-grab-and-go-service/

For Brooklyn ---
www.brooklynpaper.com/brooklyn-public-library-set-to-reopen-select-branches-for-grab-and-go-books/
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2020 12:09 am
@chai2,
Heck, if all he wants to do is surf, he can get an Amazon Kindle fire for under $60. (American dollars, as I believe Mark has indicated living elsewhere). They're surprisingly good (as tablets go) and durable. Been steadily using one for 4 years.
chai2

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2020 12:18 am
@Sturgis,
Really?!

That’s interesting. I’ve been looking at iPads to take with me for when I’m out of country.
That’s certainly cheaper and that’s all I’d want it for.
Also the added bonus of books.

I’m going to look into that for myself.
Thanks
chai2

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2020 09:17 am
@chai2,
Looked at it sturgis.

For my needs I’ll go with an iPad. The one that would suit me refurbished would be a couple hundred $$
Sturgis

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2020 02:16 pm
@chai2,
Okie dokie.
Ya gotta get what works best for your needs.
chai2

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2020 02:22 pm
@Sturgis,
It is a really cool idea though for I a lot of people I'll bet.

That's like a tidbit to remember.
Sturgis

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2020 02:25 pm
@chai2,
It's a good option for folks who are financially down on their luck.
I got mine back on the Amazon Prime day (along with another one to always have a backup). My Kindle reader has been doing well since 2012.
mark noble

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2020 07:16 am
@hingehead,
I agree

But I'm Not complaining - I'm just providing a reason for my inability to connect to 'such, stated.

Choose your words carefully, hinge - Lest cometh ye out of a conversation - A bigger knob than thus didst thee entereth...

Have a lovely Day
0 Replies