Trump Administration Orders Foreign Students Taking Online Only Classes to Leave the US

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2020 08:47 am
Article from Forbes on the administration's plan to remove foreign students from US universities. I really don't get this one. Educating foreign students in the US is one of the best ways to promote US values to the world and expand the US footprint abroad.

Quote:
Faced with the prospect of losing the power to make immigration policy after the November 2020 presidential election, Trump administration officials are speeding up efforts to force foreign nationals to leave the United States, including a new policy that could push out many international students. The latest policy should be seen in the context of the June 22, 2020, presidential proclamation that blocked the entry of foreign-born professionals and encouraged them to depart the country by preventing the entry of many family members. The proclamation also included a plan, if implemented, that could drive many long-time H-1B visa holders out of America.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 424 • Replies: 3
No top replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2020 11:45 am
@engineer,
Quote:
Educating foreign students in the US is one of the best ways to promote US values to the world and expand the US footprint abroad.

In our universities they learn how to hate America. Our children have learned that to. You can see the results in our streets.
0 Replies

FreedomEyeLove

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2020 01:49 pm
I made sure to click the "Share on MySpace" link so that this thread will get a lot of views.
oralloy

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2020 02:56 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
Wow. I never noticed those links until I looked to see what you were referring to.

I'm not a member of any of those sites though (I barely have time to keep up with a2k), so I won't be sharing anything.
0 Replies