Mental Health & Spirituality

izzythepush

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 05:52 am
@Jasper10,
Your understanding is limited and shows no independent thought.

Aren’t you remotely interested in what is contained in the Gospel of Thomas?

He a least was a contemporary of Christ’s.
Jasper10

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 06:57 am
@izzythepush,
Ok, I respect you views/opinions, stay safe.
izzythepush

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 07:35 am
@Jasper10,
Thank you.

You take care as well.
0 Replies

justaguy2

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 07:42 am
@NealNealNeal,
Quote:
I know that God exists because I have a personal relationship with God. These are spiritual truths.

So in other words: you once again either don't understand the difference between a "belief" and a "fact", and/or you're just being willfully ignorant... thought so.

So sorry to be the one to inform you, but no, you don't know that, you believe that.

Quote:
You can not prove gravity to one who does not believe in the physical world. I can't prove spiritual truth to the person who does not believe in the Spiritual world.

What a willfully ignorant cop out if I've ever heard one...
0 Replies

justaguy2

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 07:43 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
My belief system helps me mentally for sure, so I have to agree with you.

Well then, didn't you just answer your own question in that case? Me thinks so...
Jasper10

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 08:34 am
@justaguy2,
When it comes to my mental health I apply principles that I have learnt as a result of my belief system.These principles work for me....practically I mean.These principles are associated with silencing/stilling the mind.Hence the reason I started the post.
Jasper10

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 01:16 pm
@Jasper10,
Some people‘s minds are full of noise;chatter.Some people have serious issues with controlling these influences that can become very sinister.Some people have lesser symptoms but still struggle to such an extent their lives are a misery.Serious mental health issues can hit anyone at any time.I believe mental health issues can in some cases be connected to belief systems and spirituality.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Fri 10 Jul, 2020 12:39 am
@izzythepush,
Hi,I didn’t have the time to respond fully.I do respect your views/opinions.Its interesting that it is called the “book of the dead” whereas the bible is described as the living word.Thomas’s gospel isn’t in the bible.I presume that anything that wasn’t in the book of the dead was discounted as well.
izzythepush

Fri 10 Jul, 2020 03:26 am
@Jasper10,
You don’t seem to respect my opinion about leaving a space between sentences.

You seem to be making real leaps in logic as well.

What was in the Bible was decided at the council of Nicaea in 325CE.

The Egyptian Book Of The Dead is where the 10 commandments first appear hundreds of years before Moses alleged they were revealed to him.

As Moses was supposedly brought up by an Egyptian princess he would have been familiar with the book of the dead.

It’s called the book of the dead because it details what tribulations the soul has to endure on its journey to the Western lands. It’s a guidebook for the afterlife.

One thing in the book which wasn’t included was what happens right at the beginning. The heart is weighed next to the feather of truth and has to be spot on. If it is they can continue on their journey, if not they are consumed.

It’s where the terms heavy and light hearted comes from.

I think truth is very important. If you’re going to believe in something you should know all about it, not just the bits certain clerics want you to know about.
Jasper10

Fri 10 Jul, 2020 04:25 am
@izzythepush,
Moses was brought up by an Egyptian princess, I agree.

He may or may not have had access to the book of the dead.

The Egyptian religion was polytheistic.

Whether Moses had access to the book of the dead or not his religion was monotheistic and therefore he would clearly have had issues with the Egyptian religion’s book of the dead commandments.

The commandments in the book of the dead and the bible therefore have significant differences.
Frank Apisa

Fri 10 Jul, 2020 04:57 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Moses was brought up by an Egyptian princess, I agree.

He may or may not have had access to the book of the dead.

The Egyptian religion was polytheistic.

Whether Moses had access to the book of the dead or not his religion was monotheistic and therefore he would clearly have had issues with the Egyptian religion’s book of the dead commandments.

The commandments in the book of the dead and the bible therefore have significant differences.

The ancient Hebrews were polytheistic also.

In the Old Testament, the "god of Abraham" is not the only god.
izzythepush

Fri 10 Jul, 2020 05:03 am
@Jasper10,
Moses would have been fully aware of the Egyptian religion. It wasn’t all polytheistic either, there was a lot of sun worship too.
Jasper10

Fri 10 Jul, 2020 06:12 am
@Frank Apisa,
My understanding is that the Christian bible’s commands were specifically given to Moses.

The Old Testament does make mention to other God’s but these other gods were not gods Abraham worshipped.Abraham was monotheistic like Moses and they both worshipped the same God.
izzythepush

Fri 10 Jul, 2020 06:15 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

My understanding is that the Christian bible’s commands were specifically given to Moses.

That’s what’s known as regifting.
Jasper10

Fri 10 Jul, 2020 06:18 am
@izzythepush,
My understanding is that Moses may or may not have been fully aware of the Egyptian religion.The likelihood is that he did though,I agree.

I agree the Egyptian’s did a lot of worshipping of different God’s;the sun and other things.

izzythepush

Fri 10 Jul, 2020 06:20 am
@Jasper10,
There was monotheism in Egypt. It’s where the ankh comes from.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Fri 10 Jul, 2020 06:21 am
@izzythepush,
As I have said before the commands were different to the Egyptian commands on fundamental issues.
Frank Apisa

Fri 10 Jul, 2020 06:54 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

The Old Testament does make mention to other God’s but these other gods were not gods Abraham worshipped.Abraham was monotheistic like Moses and they both worshipped the same God.

As you noted, there were other gods mentioned...and they "believed" there were other gods.

The belief that there are more than just one god...is polytheism, whether you "worship" the other gods or not.
izzythepush

Fri 10 Jul, 2020 07:43 am
@Jasper10,
If you’re saying the Ten Commandments in the Book Of The Dead are different from those given by Moses you need a citation.

Academic citation please not some religious group.
Jasper10

Fri 10 Jul, 2020 08:04 am
@Frank Apisa,
It does make mention of them yes.My understanding is that Moses brought a new teaching.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 06:26:25