• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 743 • Replies: 14
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 12:16 pm
Quote:
Since well before the start of his administration, Bush has fallen into that class of villains in liberals' eyes, which commonly includes police, conservatives and corporations.

And for conservatives, Hillary Clinton, scientists, liberals, and professors. Please. There's no moral high ground here. Bush's black hat is permanent because he refuses to take it off. And it's more than "liberals" who can see that.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 01:31 pm
Disagree....The liberal elite and the media are still "pissed" about AlGore and 2000 and will never warm up to GW no matter what he does.

Have they ever mentioned the security lapses during the Clinton era and criticized Gore while he campaigned?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 01:31 pm
McG...this sentence is so ludicrous I can't take the rest of the opinion at face value.

"Since well before the start of his administration, Bush has fallen into that class of villains in liberals' eyes, which commonly includes police, conservatives and corporations."

That may be how the media caricatures liberals...
but it doesn't have any resemblance to the liberal platform.

As a good little liberal I'll change George's hat color to white when:

1)He abandons Bolton and appoints someone who will work towards UN reform without undermining the whole organization

2) Fires Rumsfeld and owns up to the fact that the Donald put our soldiers in jeopardy by downplaying the Pentagon's needs.

3)Stops wrapping himself in the American flag and saying liberals are traitors because they ask questions about policy.

4) Quits using 9/11 as a motive for our Iraqui adventure.

And finally...admits that the Iraqui war has been a fiasco so far. But asks all Americans to help him bring it to a positive conclusion...in other words: stop bull shytting the American people.

Is that too much to ask?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 01:33 pm
I've missed you, panzade.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 01:39 pm
awwww

I only come out for McG; he's a favorite from way back
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 01:49 pm
1. Bolton hasn't made his intentions known. So far, all we know about Bolton is that the liberals in Congress find him unappealing. I believe undermining the UN would be far from the Bush agenda as, so far, the UN has presented little blockage moving forward. If nothing else, perhaps Bolton can bring the US back to the UN and once again make it a worthwhile organization for American interests.

2. Rumsfeld has made a few mistakes. I do not believe any of them to have been worthy of his dismissal. Neither has Bush apparently.

3. That's not Bush, it's the conservative media and pundits doing the name calling and the liberal traitors performing the stunts deserving the title.

4. Bush has never used 9/11 as a motive for the war in Iraq. It has been used as a motive for the global war of terrorism. Iraq is just one of the stages the war is taking place on. It also happens to be the largest stage.

5. Fiasco? Maybe. Maybe not. I can imagine it being a whole lot worse than it really is. But, at any rate, are you actually asking an Anerican politician to stop BSing the American populace? LOL! Laughing

Like that will happen...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 02:58 pm
George Bush is a goddam moron...and the incredibly stupid mistakes this administration has spewed out onto the world will haunt our planet for decades to come.

McG...how you can defend this pathetic excuse for a president is beyond me. You are allowing your hatred for liberals to short-circuit your logic.

This man is a loser...and his administration is a disaster not only for our country....but for the world.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 03:03 pm
I've missed you too, Frank. It's just like old times....
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 03:08 pm
Hey Duck. Hope all is well.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 03:11 pm
Sending Bolton to the UN is akin to having come down with the flu and your mum sends for the doctor (Kevorkian). The conservative agenda re the UN as far back as I can remember is to get the US out, period. Since that is the case why all ther pretense about bringing the UN in line with US interests? Rumsfeld has been the worst war secretary since McNamara. The image makers hired by Bush have repeately demonstrated adolesecesent "gang colours" out of the american flag. Bush can't make a speach about Iraq without mentioning 9/11, coincidence? McG reasoning on Iraq-well yes the number of insurgent incidents as well as the number of casualites has consistently increased which is proof we are winning. Bush wears a black hat? Yeah he does and I think he his not likely to change. Frankly I don't give a damn, he's just paving the way for the people who vote to get sick and tired of the "conservative" agenda and elect people slightly to the moderate-left in both the white house and congress. Eventually the US may even elect a liberal.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 03:17 pm
Yeah, the tide is turning. When Bush makes the same speech about Iraq that he always does, and public opinion doesn't budge, you know the game is up.

Meanwhile, back in Iraq, the insurgents are kidnapping diplomats from Arab countries. Maybe it's time for one of those thread about all the good news in Iraq that we're not hearing about...
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 04:00 am
"Rumsfeld has made a few mistakes"

And lied about them, don't forget he lied and lied and lied and lied about them.

Did you actually know that the death toll for US servicemen (and women) is more like 9,000 - but the DOD are deliberately reducing the reported number by not including:

Quote:
U.S. Military Personnel who died in German hospitals or en route to German hospitals have not previously been counted. They total about 6,210 as of 1 January, 2005.
source
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 07:17 am
McGentrix wrote:
1. Bolton hasn't made his intentions known. So far, all we know about Bolton is that the liberals in Congress find him unappealing. I believe undermining the UN would be far from the Bush agenda as, so far, the UN has presented little blockage moving forward. If nothing else, perhaps Bolton can bring the US back to the UN and once again make it a worthwhile organization for American interests.

The UN isn't supposed to be a worthwhile orgainsation for American interests. It is supposed to be a worthwhile organisation for world interests to prevent things like World War II from happening again.

Quote:
4. Bush has never used 9/11 as a motive for the war in Iraq. It has been used as a motive for the global war of terrorism. Iraq is just one of the stages the war is taking place on. It also happens to be the largest stage.

Maybe not, but he and his administration keeps making claims that there are links between Al Qaeda and Iraq:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3816963.stm

When the 9/11 commission states:
"We have no credible evidence that Iraq and al-Qaeda co-operated on attacks against the United States."

Quote:
5. Fiasco? Maybe. Maybe not. I can imagine it being a whole lot worse than it really is. But, at any rate, are you actually asking an Anerican politician to stop BSing the American populace? LOL! Laughing

Like that will happen...

A poiltician not BSing the populace. Hm, no that doesn't seem very likely, does it?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 03:35 am
dyslexia wrote:
Sending Bolton to the UN is akin to having come down with the flu and your mum sends for the doctor (Kevorkian).

Loved it!

:wink: :wink: :wink:
0 Replies