What happens Post-Trump; Can we win the peace?

Olivier5

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 08:16 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
The fact that the radical left is so ugly is the reason that lots of people in the middle voted for Trump.

I don't think so. Hillary was the left's candidate and she is not radical at all...
Olivier5

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 08:19 am
@Olivier5,
Let me ask this again:

Olivier5 wrote:
If you are a stakeholder in a company, do you want the company's management to be divided and fighting among themselves? Or do you want them to chart a clear vision and then follow it with energy and coherence?
maxdancona

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 09:07 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Let me ask this again:

Olivier5 wrote:
If you are a stakeholder in a company, do you want the company's management to be divided and fighting among themselves? Or do you want them to chart a clear vision and then follow it with energy and coherence?

1. I want them to be divided.
2. I don't want them fighting among themselves.
3. I want them to reach compromises that work for the company as a whole.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 09:14 am
@maxdancona,
And if they cannot reach compromise and instead destroy the company's image, market share and worth with their disputes?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 11:00 am
@maxdancona,
When you say free speech what you mean is giving hate speech the protection of free speech.

You mean making lies every bit as important as the truth.

It's not free speech in the traditional sense, and you 've already confirmed that your hypothetical loss of being legally allowed to spread hate about minorities means the same as one of their lives.

You don't see their lives as important as your own.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 11:11 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

The people on the left who are not nuts are more than willing to keep the people on the left who are...under control.

Max is a right winger claiming to be centrist.

That's why he's making such a song and dance about the horrors of the American left. It also needs to be pointed out that before Trump became president he did not show any concern about the rise of the far right.

You're relatively honest, you don't claim to be something you're not.

How do the 'horrors' of the left, affordable healthcare, equal employment rights, protection of minorities, compare with Nazis marching on the streets, science being degraded, minorities being murdered by white racists, (not just police,) and an attack on journalists and the truth.

I can't see any comparison at all, so I'd like a reasonable man like yourself to tell me what you think of this leftist bogeyman of Max's.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 11:25 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

The people on the left who are not nuts are more than willing to keep the people on the left who are...under control.

Max is a right winger claiming to be centrist.

That's why he's making such a song and dance about the horrors of the American left. It also needs to be pointed out that before Trump became president he did not show any concern about the rise of the far right.

You're relatively honest, you don't claim to be something you're not.

How do the 'horrors' of the left, affordable healthcare, equal employment rights, protection of minorities, compare with Nazis marching on the streets, science being degraded, minorities being murdered by white racists, (not just police,) and an attack on journalists and the truth.

I can't see any comparison at all, so I'd like a reasonable man like yourself to tell me what you think of this leftist bogeyman of Max's.

For the most part, Izzy, I think the right's depiction of "the horrors of the left" to be total horseshit. There are no horrors of the left.

BUT (all in caps)...there are items on the wish-list of the left that I want to see proceed at a moderate speed, simply because going too fast can screw things up and actually result in unintentional counter-productivity. The nation is not ready for abrupt movement to the left at this point...and better to proceed more slowly, but successfully, than apace and unsuccessfully.

For that reason, a "loyal opposition" is reasonable.

That said...please read my first sentence again.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 11:36 am
@izzythepush,
This deserves a new thread. I will respond there...

https://able2know.org/topic/549254-1#post-7024041
maxdancona

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 11:40 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
For the most part, Izzy, I think the right's depiction of "the horrors of the left" to be total horseshit. There are no horrors of the left.

1. The word "horrors" might be a little strong. I do think there are real dangers to the left having to much power. The issue of free speech is the biggest issue for me. There are many others including the calls for price controls, and due process rights.

2. I strongly reject the either-or mentality that Izzy is pushing. I don't have to choose a side.

- I hate the Trump administration. I want the ideology behind Trump to lose all credibility.

- I am afraid of the left having too much power with their own ideological excesses.

There is no contradiction here... in fact, I think in order to win this election, this is the tact the Democratic party has to take.

izzythepush

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 11:41 am
@Frank Apisa,
Thanks Frank.

It’s gratifying to see nobody else is swallowing Max’s hysterical nonsense.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 11:42 am
@maxdancona,
You are the one pushing an either or mentality, not me.

You’re pretending to be something you're not.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 11:49 am
@maxdancona,
Time and time again you’ve been asked to find serious problems with countries that do not allow hate speech to be afforded protection of free speech.

All we’ve had are vague warnings and nothing substantial.

You wish to spread hate and lies and believe there’s something good about that.

If addressing you on this thread. I’m not starting to run around the houses with you.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 12:15 pm
http://www.cc.com/video-clips/yfmksi/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-the-audacity-of-grope

I doubt Trump will lose...
maxdancona

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 12:24 pm
@izzythepush,
I posted my response on the Free Speech thread

https://able2know.org/topic/549254-1#post-7024041
izzythepush

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 12:28 pm
@maxdancona,
That would be a no then.

No legitimate reason for protecting hate speech, you just like talking to people as if they’re ****.

It’s why you like holidaying in Mexico, so you can pretend to be important by barking out orders.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 12:29 pm
@McGentrix,
This is kind of old news McGentrix.

No one cares really cares who is running against Trump.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 12:37 pm
@maxdancona,
They should.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 12:39 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

They should.

Do you care McGentrix? Is there anyone who could run against Trump that would get you to change your vote?

Your post seems a bit hypocritical. Biden is completely irrelevant in this election.

McGentrix

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 12:53 pm
@maxdancona,
So you'd vote for just anyone so long as it's not Trump?

What a well thought out plan. That should get you guys far... Rolling Eyes
izzythepush

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 12:56 pm
@McGentrix,
It’s hard to think of anyone worse than Trump.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 07:36:42