What happens Post-Trump; Can we win the peace?

farmerman

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 06:04 am
@Frank Apisa,
did T Rex write a book yet?
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 06:10 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

did T Rex write a book yet?

I'm pretty sure he has not...or we all would have heard about it. The Bolton book is getting lots of play. I'm looking forward to that book...although I think Bolton will still try to go as easy on the far right as possible. I just hope he blasts Trump!
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 06:34 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
The press coverage of him wasn't particularly hostile either. In fact, the biggest complaint from the Sanders people was that the media wasn't giving him enough coverage so it's difficult to see how they "groomed" voters to hate the guy by not mentioning him.

That's confusing 2020 with 2016. In 200 and 2019 the issue was rather constant, not-so-subliminal bitching about Bernie, his supporters, his money and what not.

Quote:
He was easy to caricature, a lot of people had a difficult time seeing him on the world stage as the president of the USA, and legitimate questions were raised as to whether he could win or whether he could bring a Democratic House and Senate in with him, but again I saw no overt hatred for him.

Everybody is easy to caricature, but for some reason he was more deemed more worthy of it than others. I started to suspect something in 2019 when I noticed that a lot of US websites kept showing pictures of him totally disheveled and haggard, while European media would picture him as an average, regular politician, sometimes when covering the exact same event...

In WaPo Sanders tends to look like this:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxgzNtEK5CpXIj8rjFRcEtmzDtAMEuDK4s-zqukaIZJoyqWHxm&s
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScF-M05NmN-Jv3z1CIy4QyRK7l1TyR5kmhx8dCo0Zz9Vho04sY7g&s

while on your average European media he would look like this:
https://heuredupeuple.fr/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/bernie-S-800x445.jpg

You see, if there are hundreds of pictures taken of Sanders at a given event, (or 100 pictures of anybody else), a newspaper can chose to publish whichever it wants, right? And if they always pick the one when Sanders looks like he has lost the plot, the audience's perception of Sanders as "non-presidential"will be affected. Add to that constant negative coverage by WaPo, the New York Times and others...

Same tricks against Hillary, but played by FOX and co.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 11:29 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

So you'd vote for just anyone so long as it's not Trump?

I would!!
If the only other choice was Donald Trump Jr, I'd cast a vote for Junior because of the chance (albeit an unlikely one) of someone more sane in office.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 01:20 pm
Biden definitely doesn’t pass the sanity test. Trump’s sentences are on a fourth grade level; Biden’s are incoherent and incomplete.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 01:54 pm
@Lash,
Thank you Lash for confirming what so many here have said about you - that you are a Trump Poster Child and a Booster of the Far Right.

There are many difficulties about Joe Biden. His sanity is not on the list. Trump's alleged sanity is a huge issue. And if you want to discuss sentences lacking comprehension, you need look no further than Trump.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 02:24 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Thank you Lash for confirming what so many here have said about you - that you are a Trump Poster Child and a Booster of the Far Right.

There are many difficulties about Joe Biden. His sanity is not on the list. Trump's alleged sanity is a huge issue. And if you want to discuss sentences lacking comprehension, you need look no further than Trump.

The only Trump sentence that will ever make sense...will be handed out by a judge.
Lash

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2020 04:00 pm
@Sturgis,
I confirm facts. I suppose if I bring back one of the videos of Biden unable to finish a sentence, you’ll acknowledge what is before your eyes?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2020 11:27 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
What do you hope for after Trump loses the election?

Presuming for the sake of argument that Mr. Trump loses, I hope for a bunch of independent counsels to be appointed to tie the Biden Administration up in endless criminal investigations that prevent them from achieving anything, eventually ending in criminal prosecutions that send Mr. Biden and his son to prison for the rest of their lives.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2020 11:30 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Brandon and Oralloy want to tell me that if I support the Black Lives Matter movement, then I am supporting "violence, looting and murder".

I certainly don't say it's supporting looting.

But supporting BLM is indeed supporting the murder of police officers.

maxdancona wrote:
In truth I can do both. I can support the reality of the Black Lives movement, while condemning violence committed by the left, while agreeing that police officers need to feel supported when they do their job professionally. These can all be true.

Actually no they can't be. They are fundamentally contradictory.

BLM goons insist that police officers be prevented from justifiably defending themselves when black people murder them.

maxdancona wrote:
- I want to see police reforms. Of course, this is ultimately going to be solved in the legislature and local governments. But, I basically agree that police should be demilitarized and that investments in communities outside of law enforcement pay big dividends.

What should police officers use to protect themselves? Nerf foam?

maxdancona wrote:
- As we reform the police, people in law enforcement need to be treated fairly. They will be accountable and required to follow procedure and serve their communities (details to be decided in government). Still, someone working as a police officer needs to feel confident they are safe and respected as they do their job professionally.

That is fundamentally incompatible with BLM's goal of being allowed to murder police officers with impunity.

maxdancona wrote:
These two things actually go together... you can't have one without the other. But instead of this discussion, what we get is two camps shouting insults at each other.

It is the nature of progressives to rely on name-calling instead of facts and logic.

maxdancona wrote:
I am hoping that after Trump, we can get beyond this. By this I mean that we actually create policy that makes real improvements rather than the angry shouting we see now.

There is little chance of that. Republicans have every right to undermine Democratic administrations the same way Democrats undermine Republican administrations.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2020 11:31 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I think Trump will be prosecuted in the NY District.

Those prosecutors should be fired.

Mr. Trump should also pardon himself for good measure.

What we really need to do is prosecute Mr. Biden and his son.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2020 11:32 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
If Trump wins...EVERYONE on the planet loses, including Trump supporters.

That is incorrect. Only the bad guys lose when Mr. Trump wins.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2020 11:34 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
I think the right's depiction of "the horrors of the left" to be total horseshit. There are no horrors of the left.

People who lived under Stalin would disagree. So would people who live in present-day Venezuela.

You are wrong. Leftists cause all sorts of suffering. Look at the way they try to violate people's civil liberties for no reason.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2020 11:59 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
No one cares really cares who is running against Trump.

That is incorrect. This election will be a referendum on what a horrible person Joe Biden is.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2020 12:04 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Biden is completely irrelevant in this election.

Again that is incorrect. The election will turn on the fact that Joe Biden is such a horrible person.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2020 12:06 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Trump is an extremely bad president.

No he isn't. Look at the way he prevents progressives from violating people's civil liberties for no reason.

That's just what we need in a president.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2020 12:57 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You know me as any on here Frank, and you’re someone who works/lives in and around New York.

Max keeps claiming Sturgis and I are the same. I’ve never been to New York. Do you think I could impersonate a New Yorker as successfully as that? If I started pretending to be someone from New York, you’d twig wouldn’t you?

More importantly have you any cause to think Sturgis isn’t anything other than how he’s presented himself?

I don’t, and to be honest nobody else has made the accusation, just Max. It makes one think.

Now, it’s clear to a rational man like you that there’s no way I could pretend to be a New Yorker. New York is probably the best represented city on A2K, there’s no way I wouldn’t be caught out. Sturgis is a well rounded character, I couldn’t do that.

. Oralloy though, that’s a different proposition entirely. I reckon anyone could do that one trick pony. All you need it ten insane and offensive right wing opinions, and ten smug platitudes about being a genius and never wrong written on twenty pieces of paper, and a twenty sided dice.

Roll the dice and hey presto you’ve got your own Oralloy.

No need to thank me for sorting out your Christmas shopping, although knowing Max he’ll probably be trying to copyright it.
oralloy

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2020 01:16 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Max keeps claiming Sturgis and I are the same.

I didn't take that as a serious accusation of sock puppetry. I thought he was just making light of how both of you rely on name-calling instead of presenting intelligent arguments.

But I could be wrong.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2020 02:55 pm
@izzythepush,
Back when I was in the UK...we Airmen were always called Yanks by the British...and in turn, we always referred to anyone British as a Bloke. Even the women...as in, "He is going to marry this Bloke woman (bird, most often)."

You sound pure Bloke to me...and you do not sound like you've ever even visited The Big Apple. There are a bunch of us who used to meet in town often...mostly at the Frying Pan. I still meet with Jonathan, Kicky, and Stephen occasionally. Bernie has moved back to Vancouver.

If Max truly thinks you are a New Yorker, he's wrong.

Max is okay in my book. Not sure why you guys don't get along...but maybe if you introduce him to Killer Sudokus, you two can become friends. (We used to bump heads a lot in the old days, if you remember.)
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 12:12:34