Rod Pocket Window Shades: Harder to Find than the Holy Grail

jespah

Mon 8 Jun, 2020 07:03 pm
Seriously.

I have given up on trying to find rod pocket Roman shades to replace our -- you guessed it -- rod pocket Roman shades. Ai yi yi what a pain.

I will explain.

A rod pocket means you can thread a preexisting curtain rod through the top, rather than installing new hardware. I do not want to install more hardware if I can avoid it. The windows are over 100 years old and the wood can be dicey in spots.

Roman shades (for anyone who doesn't know) look like this:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61Vn4I61nOL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

But we are getting kinda desperate and we'll be okay if they're roller shades. But not Venetian blinds. Those are way too much of a pain to keep clean.

Anyway, I am asking you, gentle readers -- can you find these -- anywhere on the planet other than, apparently, my house?

40" wide, 62" high. Fabric, not wood. Color can be brown, blue, beige, white, green, yellow, or off-white (yeah, we're getting desperate here). Pretty much anything but red, orange, or purple. A pattern is okay.

This is for the computer/office room so nothing too unbelievably weird.

And we know about the tie-up shades and both think they look dumb.

In any event -- help? Thank you in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,043 • Replies: 5
Topic Closed
No top replies

neptuneblue

Mon 8 Jun, 2020 07:10 pm
@jespah,
https://www.wayfair.com/decor-pillows/pdp/symple-stuff-room-darkening-cordless-lift-blackout-roman-shades-w002546455.html?piid=1267203322%2C1268681469

https://secure.img1-ag.wfcdn.com/im/54812977/resize-h700-w700%5Ecompr-r85/1002/100210589/Room+Darkening+Cordless+Lift+Blackout+Roman+Shades.jpg

Room Darkening Cordless Lift Blackout Roman Shades
See More from Symple Stuff

Rated 4.55 out of 5 stars.
185 Reviews
$91.99
On Sale
Get $40 off $250 with the Wayfair Credit Card3.
Shopping for a business?
Unlock insider pricing
White — Out of Stock
Finish (3)

Finish
40" W x 60" L — Out of Stock
Blind Size (25)

Back in Stock Jul 9, 2020.
jespah

Mon 8 Jun, 2020 07:15 pm
@neptuneblue,
Thank you. I'll have to see if I can ask about the rod pocket thingie (they're out of stock, anyway). Sigh. Holy Grail, I swear.
neptuneblue

Mon 8 Jun, 2020 07:19 pm
@jespah,
Try Wayfair. None come in the exact size you stated but some come in very close. Many styles & colors too.

Good luck!
0 Replies

Sturgis

Mon 8 Jun, 2020 10:26 pm
Do you have a Pottery Barn somewhat nearish?
I.located something under the name of Shade Store with a spot in Boston on Newbury Street.
www.theshadestore.com/showrooms

Maybe Overstock.com would be of help.

Perhaps Blinds To Go?

www.blindstogo.com/en/products/shades/roman

(A little more than 30 years ago I could have given you a great deal on the ones Mother had..not sure how wide they were, they seemed a good width. Midnight blue color. She was moving from there and...

...hmmm... Keep an eye out for local house products eales. Garage or yod sales. )

Wishing you the best in your search.

jespah

Tue 9 Jun, 2020 06:25 am
@Sturgis,
Tried Overstock and Blinds to Go. And I just checked Pottery Barn -- no go there, too.

The Shade Store -- they don't have rod pockets and OMG the price of one shade is more than we spend on groceries.

In 2 weeks.

Thank you. Dang, this is nuts.
0 Replies