Terminal AC & Heating Unit - Want to Cover

Tue 3 Aug, 2010 03:24 pm
We have a Terminal Air Conditioning & Heating Unit on the wall in our dining room. It is about 4' off the ground and is an eye sore (In my humble opinion). It looks like the units that are in hotel rooms.
Is there a way to build a cover that still allows the unit to function successfully but looks more like a cabinet or armoire? I'm thinking something similar to the radiator covers that people can purchase to hide old radiators.
I appreciate your time to answer my question.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 2,727 • Replies: 2
Topic Closed
No top replies

JTT

Tue 3 Aug, 2010 11:22 pm
@vmacleod,
Here's an opinion. As long as the unit vent area is not reduced in size, I can't see that it would be a problem to cover it with a wood cover.

Before you go to any cost and to be sure, I'd locate the company name on the unit, go to their website, find a phone number for their tech line and call them to check it out.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Wed 4 Aug, 2010 04:49 am
@vmacleod,
If you decide to cover it, you may want to ensure that you first surround the unit with a metal shield and that no vents are obstructed.
0 Replies