Need suggestions on decorating!!

rae22

Thu 15 May, 2014 03:25 pm
Let me start by saying I have no idea how to decorate my living room/kitchen. There is no divider in the room to separate the kitchen and living room its just one huge room. The highest point of my ceilings reaches about 22-25 feet give or take(not exactly sure if it was 22 or 25 but somewhere around there). There is a ledge that runs along the wall about 5 feet away from the ceiling that is completely empty and looks boring. The walls are light tan and the borders are a darker beige(I really like the colors would not change them).I also have a large fireplace surrounded by the same tile used on the floor(light brown tile).I have dark espresso colored cabinets, the counter tops are a neutral speckled colored granite, and the tile back splash is tan and looks very Tuscany. Im very confused on how to decorate.My mother in law insists we decorate the entire room Italian and Tuscan inspired just because of the backsplash but I'm not sure if I want the whole room to look like olive garden. I really like the dark espresso colored furniture and neutral colors. I really like trees, leaves, deer, moose, and anything nature like but without going duck dynasty. I also like the color amber but not too fond of a lot of blues. I am so lost! I want it to look nice and maybe have the kitchen tuscan themed but not the entire living room. The walls are huge and they are empty and boring. I am also confused about traditional and contemporary because I find myself liking both styles.Given my description how would you decorate?Any suggestions would be great!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,346 • Replies: 1
Topic Closed
No top replies

boomerang

Thu 15 May, 2014 05:44 pm
@rae22,
Can you post some photos?
0 Replies