Downvoting to knock over the game board

mark noble

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 08:57 am
@livinglava,
Falling off a cliff is not negative, until perceived as such, either.

Still fatal..

'You & Bobsal'?

Always, Why?

Blind leading Blind.... Nothing New under the sun...
Have a lovely day
maxdancona

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 08:59 am
@mark noble,
I love this from Mark Nobel.

He can tell someone to **** themselves... and then tell them to have a lovely day without even pausing to take a breath.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 10:06 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

livinglava wrote:
You think that recommending yoga is dangerous medical advice.

What a mean spirited thing to say.

Not mean, true.

Quote:
You admitted you didn't read Linkat's post yet decided you could give "advise" without even bothering to care about your response being applicable. It IS harmful to suggest yoga for a torn ACL.

It might be harmful to do yoga if you have an injury, or rather it might be harmful to do certain yoga poses that are bad for your injury, but it is not harmful to recommend yoga in a general way, because people know how to translate general advice into something that fits their specific situation.

E.g. if I recommended that you take a walk and get some fresh air, and then you get hit by a car, or you catch COVID19, it doesn't mean I gave you bad advice but that you took the advice in an irresponsible way.

Like I said, you don't need a prescription to do yoga and you don't need a medical license to suggest it, just as you don't need a medical license or prescription to recommend and/or take a walk.

You and she and whoever else is in your gang just look for ways to demonize me because you don't like my politics and because I don't corroborate things you want me to.
livinglava

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 10:10 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:
Rebuke is a blessing when it makes you aware of sin so you can change your ways.

I have given you rebukes on this forum (for example pointing out when you are being ridiculous).

Can you point out a time that you considered it a blessing?

Did you not read the extended post I wrote conceding the acceleration rate of two falling bodies of different masses were the same and I was analyzing the equation wrong?

You caused me to think a lot about both my own analytical assumptions and gravity generally. Sadly, you never replied to what I said about the Earth having to accelerate around the moon at the same rate as anything else a Earth's distance from the moon, because that is a conundrum worth considering, but you stuck with your guns in rebuking my interpretation of the equation, and I eventually discovered that I couldn't argue with your math, so I tentatively conceded, recognizing that if you were wrong, I couldn't show how yet so what choice did I have except to tentatively concede?

Here, I found this from the book of Proverbs:
Quote:

Further Sayings of the Wise
23These also are sayings of the wise:

To show partiality in judgment
is not good.
24Whoever tells the guilty, “You are innocent”—
peoples will curse him, and nations will denounce him;
25but it will go well with those who convict the guilty,
and rich blessing will come upon them.
26An honest answer given
is like a kiss on the lips.
mark noble

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 01:37 pm
@livinglava,
People Not replying, eh...?

Makes some folk feel unimportant...?

Makes EGO sharpen its teeth.

Dopamine

Get Back, Dopamine!
Have a lovely day
livinglava

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 02:02 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

People Not replying, eh...?

Makes some folk feel unimportant...?

Makes EGO sharpen its teeth.

Dopamine

Get Back, Dopamine!
Have a lovely day

I won't claim I'm immune from ego, but I can also see beyond ego as a reason to spread information publicly.

Even if you don't convince people of what you think or believe, you at least give them food for thought to develop their own perspective further.

Everything you share is an investment in a future discussion that goes beyond what it might not otherwise. We benefit in the present from public discourse among our ancestors, and hopefully future generations will also benefit from ours.

It goes beyond ego, even if ego is always lurking to rear its head.
mark noble

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 02:12 pm
@livinglava,
What you 'claim' is irrelevant to others.
Unless otherwise.

How you 'act' matters.

I can see where you're at - Will you progress/regress?
Time will Tell. Or Not, perhaps.

Are you headed in the 'right' direction?
Of course- There is No 'wrong' direction.

Have a lovely day
livinglava

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 02:18 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

What you 'claim' is irrelevant to others.
Unless otherwise.

How you 'act' matters.

Acts of communication are also part of how you act.

The question is what is the purpose of communication. What are the ethics?

Even if you say something that isn't relevant to some people, others might read it and benefit. It is better to put it out there to give someone for whom it is relevant a chance to interact with it than not to post anything.

People need food for thought to progress, whether they believe/disbelieve, agree/disagree, or otherwise engage with it.

That is the purpose of online discussion, no?
mark noble

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 02:34 pm
@livinglava,
I agree - And enjoy your interactions.
On the 'communication' premise.

But, being aware of ones' ego - Is an ego-derivitive.
I'm off to bed now - Will likely dream of exploding emus and stuff.
Hope my car vanishes - Trigger to lucidity:)

Have a lovely day
livinglava

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 02:44 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

I agree - And enjoy your interactions.
On the 'communication' premise.

But, being aware of ones' ego - Is an ego-derivitive.
I'm off to bed now - Will likely dream of exploding emus and stuff.
Hope my car vanishes - Trigger to lucidity:)

Have a lovely day

Your posts are quirky and amusing. They are a valuable asset to this forum. Thanks for posting.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 07:47 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:
[Not mean, true.

Nope, just mean spirited.

livinglava wrote:
It might be harmful to do yoga if you have an injury, or rather it might be harmful to do certain yoga poses that are bad for your injury, but it is not harmful to recommend yoga in a general way, because people know how to translate general advice into something that fits their specific situation.

A specific instance was given. You ignored it.

livinglava wrote:
You and she and whoever else is in your gang just look for ways to demonize me because you don't like my politics and because I don't corroborate things you want me to.

You get demonized because you won't read a post, give awful advice and then complain you're the victim. Which, you're not a victim, you're just wrong but won't admit your own fallacy.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 11:37 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

how many buzzwords are in this?

I see half a dozen

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/d3/0c/9a/d30c9a8306f7c422fdd8373904d05298.jpg
oralloy

Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 12:15 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
No, it's the rules of engagement for A2K.

Using multiple accounts to downvote conservative posts a bunch of times is very much against the rules.

You are not the person who is doing this. But somebody is doing it.
hightor

Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 03:53 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
I assume you are among the other douchbags that vote down every post cause that's how you roll.

What brought that on?

Actually I'm not a chronic downvoter; simply assuming that people belong to a cabal of "douchebags" because they don't agree with your political opinions is not much different than labeling people "deplorables".

The reason I asked the question is that I don't understand why people take this stuff so seriously. I'll bet that, were downvotes a feature of real life, people who didn't wish to be thumbed down by others would either 1) grow a thicker skin, or 2) choose to hang out with different people. This is an opinion forum, folks. Knowing that people find your views objectionable — or more likely, the way you state them — is just as telling and as useful as finding that people agree with you. You probably wouldn't like the people who thumb you down so why show them that you care what they think by whining about it?

Hell, you can always post pictures of puppies.
oralloy

Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 04:15 am
@hightor,
I've always believed (without evidence) that the handful of people who legitimately downvote conservative posts are people who do not post much content of their own.
hightor

Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 04:32 am
@oralloy,
Lurkers? Could be.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 06:02 am
@izzythepush,
Ha ha I feel this way all the time at work. I want to yell out just talk and communicate you don’t need to throw in all these extra useless words.

My co-worker now he is a really nice guy and he is knowledgeable technical wise but I want to scream at him you don’t need to prove anything by saying all those buzz words.

Ah one day ... what you posted will come out of my mouth.
Linkat

Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 06:06 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

neptuneblue wrote:
No, it's the rules of engagement for A2K.

Using multiple accounts to downvote conservative posts a bunch of times is very much against the rules.

You are not the person who is doing this. But somebody is doing it.

Seems like a huge waste of time.

It has been so long since I opened my account on here but wouldn’t you also have to them open multiple email accounts then set up multiple a2k accounts, keep track of all the user names and passwords and logon and log off of a2k multiple times just to vote down one post several times?

Seems exhausting and a huge waste of time. Why wouldn’t you just vote it down once and then simply not view it ?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 06:11 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Ah one day ... what you posted will come out of my mouth.

On that day you will be proactive and create a new paradigm.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 06:27 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
wouldn’t you also have to them open multiple email accounts then set up multiple a2k accounts, keep track of all the user names and passwords and logon and log off of a2k multiple times just to vote down one post several times?

It's being done automatically. They send a dozen downvotes to a single post in the space of a few seconds.

Linkat wrote:
Why wouldn’t you just vote it down once and then simply not view it ?

Because the goal is to attack conservatives for telling the truth.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 10:09:15